• QT5 Config broke on fresh install of MATE

@635 ok, you’ll need to compare if they are the same…
    EDIT: i really don’t know if there is a way to fix your problem without reinstalling the first packages (and i don’t know which ones), but i’m convinced that installing the KDE pkgs created the problem for you…

• @fernandomaroto Thanks again for the help. I’m going to hang back from just installing the packages in your list that aren’t in mine until I can work out the cause of the issue. Does this issue happen when you try and install keepassx2 (qt4) and/or kdenlive (qt5) in your virtual machine?

Should this issue be reported to someone from Antergos?

• @635 I’m still with the VmM opened here, i’ll try to install them and get back to you…
    kdenlive i have on my RM and it’s working fine.

• @fernandomaroto said in QT5 Config broke on fresh install of MATE:

…i’m convinced that installing the KDE pkgs created the problem for you…

That’s for sure! Kde treats Qt5 completely differently from Gtk, that’s why ArchWiki has a dedicated section about Qt5 under Gtk.

• Want to use QT5 applications? Use Plasma5, done. GTK3 is a pita, especially when it comes to using QT5 or GTK2 apps under it. I even abandoned MATE after 5 years of usage completely when they made the move libgnome3 GTK3.
    J.

• @635 ok, i installed both packages and qt5 on Mate is still working, i just couldn’t restart the pc to confirm more.
    I have no ideia what else you can do, sorry friend :(

• @fernandomaroto Ok. Thanks for taking the time to help and staying with me.

I guess at worst I can just use XFCE or Gnome where I don’t get the error.

fresh43 broke25 qt511 config6 Posts 27Views 6296
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.