• Can't initialize pyalpm

Hi, I tried to install Antergos 2014.04.14 today from a live usb, and got an error at the installation window. The error I got was Can’t Initialize pyalpm. This happens right after I type my username and password in the installation window. Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

• Hi, I tried to install Antergos 2014.04.14 today from a live usb, and got an error at the installation window. The error I got was Can’t Initialize pyalpm. This happens right after I type my username and password in the installation window. Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

• I am having the same issue. Anybody have a solution?

• Take a look at this thread [url:2ryf4bx1]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1601[/url:2ryf4bx1]. After reading through all the failed install threads I found a way that worked for my machine and it appears to have worked for someone else.

• Excellent! That did the trick.

• I tried your method, but it still e work for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I started up the installer and ran it til I got the error Can’t Initialize pyalpm, then I ran sudo pacman git --noconfirm, and did all three steps to get the testing script running. And still it didn’t install

• same here recents isos are not working

• Hi,

Before running the testing script edit /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist. Comment out the automatic mirror selection link and uncomment repo.antergos.info. Flush the stale databases and start testing script:

sudo pacman -Syy && sudo -E ./testing.sh

Please let me know the result. Thanks.

Cheers!

• Dustin,

You should add the following information to the [main testing thread[/url:ih8nzwli] to help out those trying to use the testing image:

@“lots.0.logs”:ih8nzwli said:

Before running the testing script edit /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist. Comment out the automatic mirror selection link and uncomment repo.antergos.info. Flush the stale databases and start testing script:

sudo pacman -Syy && sudo -E ./testing.sh

[/quote:ih8nzwli]

Testing the image now resolve the issue I posted earlier on GitHub (#177).

Thanks,
    -Adam

]0

• @“helloadam”:26y4kcrp said:

Dustin,

You should add the following information to the main testing thread to help out those trying to use the testing image:[/quote:26y4kcrp]The testing script is configured to run pacman already. It should be working fine now. We had some issues with some of our mirrors that is now resolved. If that is not the case please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“lots.0.logs”:6bq0g37z said:

@“helloadam”:6bq0g37z said:

Dustin,

You should add the following information to the main testing thread to help out those trying to use the testing image:[/quote:6bq0g37z]The testing script is configured to run pacman already. It should be working fine now. We had some issues with some of our mirrors that is now resolved. If that is not the case please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:6bq0g37z]

Hello lots.0.logs!

I suggest you generate and upload newest ISO, because the installation of testing-script in my vbox runs very slow.

Cheers
    Freecaster

[img:37xo6dtq]http://antergos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.gif[/img:37xo6dtq]

• A new iso wouldn’t do any good in that case unfortunately. You must not have a good connection to the Arch mirror that is closest to you. Another possibility is that Virtualbox is slowing down the connection speed while routing it between the VM and main hardware. I have experienced poor network speed in my VMs many times while the host system speeds worked as fast as it normally does.

Posts 12Views 1985