My laptop will not boot into the desktop using the Intel HD Graphics 630. The screen is completely black.
However, I can boot into the desktop using the dedicated Nvidia card. But Intel iGPU must be turned off in the BIOS.
- Clevo P650HS-G Laptop
- i7-7700HQ (Kaby Lake); Intel HD Graphics 630
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with Gsync
- Antergos 17.3; Gnome: 3.22.2; Linux Kernel: 4.10.3-1
BIOS Screenshot: https://goo.gl/photos/nX5EDprJdn12Qqkh9
Main Display Drivers Installed:
I have been reviewing the information below as they both similar components:
- and various other pages related to nvidia & intel graphic & forums.
What have I done:
- Installed Nvidia drivers
- Uninstalled Nouveau and blacklisted /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau.conf
options nouveau modeset=0
I can now boot into the desktop using the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- Added "MODULES=“intel_agp i915” to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf - Source: https://goo.gl/gMlrTW
- Rebuild your initial ramdisk image # mkinitcpio -p linux - Source: https://goo.gl/vn1M0
- Added /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf
Section "Device" Identifier "Nvidia Card" Driver "nvidia" VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation" BusID "PCI:01:00:00" #Option "NoLogo" "true" #Option "UseEDID" "false" #Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP" EndSection
- Added /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-intel.conf
Section "Device" Identifier "Intel Graphics" Driver "intel" BusID "PCI:00:02:0" #Found by turning on Hybrid and booting into terminal with Ubuntu live usb EndSection
- Installed driver xf86-video-intel
At this point, I restarted the laptop and changed the BIOS setting to “Hybrid graphics”.
Afer GRUB, the screen is completely black.
I intend on setting up Bumblebee later. But I want to ensure the Intel GPU is working first.
I have spent a long time trying various things but at this point, I am stuck.
– Update: Added more system logs in zip file.
Extracted with https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Logs. Really helpful for narrowing by time.