• Wireless Printers

Very new to using Antergos and Arch, and I’ve found nothing seems simple and straight forward. I’m used to Ubuntu and to add my Canon MG5350 wireless printer was a total breeze. But in Arch, it’s a nightmare (for me anyways)

This could be a deal breaker for me.

Any help would be great, I’ve googled it but there seems some conflicting ways or fixing it.

I do have cups installed but it doesn’t see the printer.

• Very new to using Antergos and Arch, and I’ve found nothing seems simple and straight forward. I’m used to Ubuntu and to add my Canon MG5350 wireless printer was a total breeze. But in Arch, it’s a nightmare (for me anyways)

This could be a deal breaker for me.

Any help would be great, I’ve googled it but there seems some conflicting ways or fixing it.

I do have cups installed but it doesn’t see the printer.

• Hi,

There are many driver packages for Canon in the AUR. Try this:

yaourt -S cnijfilter-mg5300 --noconfirm

If you don’t have yaourt installed use pacman to install it first and then run the command I provided

Cheers!

• Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I installed the driver and have been able to add the printer, but it will not print. If I try to print a test page I get given an print error:

There was a problem sending document 'Test Page (job 1) to printer.

After I run the diagnostic I’m told 'Queues not enabled’
    So I go into the properties and enable it, but as soon as I try to print again it’s disabled and I get the same ‘Print Error’ message.

Posts 4Views 872