• Configuring touchpad settings (libinput) on Wayland

I have scoured Google for the past 24 hours trying to figure out how to configure libinput on Wayland, to no avail. I have found lots of forum posts and articles detailing how to configure the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf file, but it seems this only affects XOrg and does not change anything for me. I’ve also played around with xinput set-prop device-number option-number setting commands, but again it looks like this only applies to XOrg because when I make changes nothing happens, and when I reboot it is all reset. All I really want to do is enable palm detection on my touchpad and enable natural scrolling, as well as tap-to-click, none of which are enabled by default with the libinput package. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to configure libinput on Wayland. There are no touchpad options in Settings > Mouse & Touchpad, or in Tweak Tool > Keyboard and Mouse. I would really appreciate any help with this, as again I have been Googling for the past 24 hours and have gotten nowhere.

Dell XPS 9560 (2017)
    Antergos w/ GNOME 3 | Windows 10
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
    16GB DDR4-2400MHz Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 4GB GDDR5
    512GB SSD

• Hi!
    I use pc here, but i found libinput-git on AUR that “handle input devices under wayland”. I guess it’s worth if you check it.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto said in Configuring touchpad settings (libinput) on Wayland:

Hi!
    I use pc here, but i found libinput-git on AUR that “handle input devices under wayland”. I guess it’s worth if you check it.

Wow, that worked like a charm! The touchpad options showed up in Settings > Mouse & Touchpad and everything, it seems like palm detection is working now too. Can’t believe it was that easy… I wonder why libinput-git works but not libinput from the official Pacman repository?

Dell XPS 9560 (2017)
    Antergos w/ GNOME 3 | Windows 10
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
    16GB DDR4-2400MHz Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 4GB GDDR5
    512GB SSD

• @mwillis i have no idea, probably was modified for that job.
    I’m glad my guess helped you hehehe :+1:
    Cheers!

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

touchpad34 wayland40 libinput3 configuring4 Posts 4Views 2281