• XFCE sudo thunar + mousepad

Whenever I try to sudo thunar and use mousepad to edit a file it comes up blank.
    What the ???

• @guido

Hi

It may be a sudo problem, better use gksudo, if you do not have it , installed :

sudo pacman -S gksu

• @Archrysler
    Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

• @Archrysler

So I installed gksu and still same problem. Here is the error I’m getting. In a terminal window the error keeps outputting until I kill Thunar.

(mousepad:8353): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: Error spawning command line 'dbus-launch --autolaunch=348692b1d04e421fb7c6f575cbcfd87e --binary-syntax --close-stderr': Child process exited with code 1

(mousepad:8353): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_style_scheme_get_id: assertion 'GTK_IS_SOURCE_STYLE_SCHEME (scheme)' failed

(mousepad:8353): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_style_scheme_manager_get_scheme: assertion 'scheme_id != NULL' failed

(mousepad:8353): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_style_scheme_get_id: assertion 'GTK_IS_SOURCE_STYLE_SCHEME (scheme)' failed

(mousepad:8353): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

• @guido Hi! I’m not sure if this is needed for thunar (i use for caja, nautilus), try:
    gksu dbus-launch thunar

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto
    I’ll be damned…lol…it works but I still do get some errors.

[[email protected] ~]$ gksu dbus-launch thunar
    n: 26f8dc4b529de75300061414c5099016

(mousepad:1584): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_style_scheme_get_id: assertion 'GTK_IS_SOURCE_STYLE_SCHEME (scheme)' failed

(mousepad:1584): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

(mousepad:1584): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_style_scheme_get_id: assertion 'GTK_IS_SOURCE_STYLE_SCHEME (scheme)' failed

(mousepad:1584): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

So, my question now is…how can I add a root thunar to my right mouse click menu so I don’t have to keep typing this out?
    Thanks

• You can create “Custom Actions” in Thunar, but why do you need this? You can edit all the files of your user without root privileges.

• @Noel
    Yes, I am aware of that but, it’s nice to have when you need to edit a file that needs root privilege.

• @guido
    "So, my question now is…how can I add a root thunar to my right mouse click menu so I don’t have to keep typing this out?"

Well i don’t use thunar so i don’t know hehehe
    One thing you can do is create a launcher/shortcut (in your panel/desktop etc) or even a script with the command gksu dbus-launch thunar, so everytime you click it you put the password and will open easilly for you.

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

xfce73 sudo14 thunar8 mousepad3 Posts 9Views 1388
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.