• I want to use a simple password, but Antergos won't let me!

Hi,

I am setting up an old laptop for my little daughter and want a simple password or she won’t be able to log in. I really do not like to be forced to choose a complicated password. Can someone please let me know how I can use a simple password for my daughters account?

• if you use

passwd

you can put what you want…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @cdysthe is setting up autologin an option?

• @cdysthe TBH, I wasn’t aware that we were enforcing any password strength rules. IMO, we shouldn’t be. I’ll look into it!

• @joekamprad said in I want to use a simple password, but Antergos won't let me!:

if you use

passwd

you can pu what you want…

Nope, you can’t! :)

• @lots.0.logs said in I want to use a simple password, but Antergos won't let me!:

@cdysthe TBH, I wasn’t aware that we were enforcing any password strength rules. IMO, we shouldn’t be. I’ll look into it!

That would be great. Don’t get me wrong, there should be a warning, but I should be able to take the chance anyway :)

• @megaman said in I want to use a simple password, but Antergos won't let me!:

@cdysthe is setting up autologin an option?

I want her to learn the use of passwords, but I can’t serve a 5 year old: $rr’__34RRTy*(k%$b :)

• if you use passwd command inside a terminal under root or logged in as the user wich password you want to change you can put in what you want, also without any warning also two letters

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Hi,

The installer does not force a strong password. It will warn you about it, but it will continue nevertheless.

Cheers!

• This post is deleted!
  • @karasu said in I want to use a simple password, but Antergos won't let me!:

Hi,

The installer does not force a strong password. It will warn you about it, but it will continue nevertheless.

Cheers!

Thanks! It was not the installer that caused problems. I was adding a new user account and I wanted to use a simple password. That was not possible.

• @cdysthe Can you create the account with a strong password and then change it with a simple one?

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• I think you just have to double confirm. If you click on the button once nothing happens, but if you click the second time it should register your short password and let you continue. At least couple distros allow this as far as I’ve noticed.

You know, I was wrong. I thought you boys weren't prepared for the future. But now, I realize your future is gonna be filled with that crap. So keep it up, you guys will be just fine. (Stan Smith, 9-13)

password23 simple3 Posts 13Views 850