• Casual observation: is the swap partition encrypted in a LUKS install?

On my 128GB samsung ssd, I’m seeing a normal 119GB LUKS partition and then a 8.4GB swap partion that appears to be “open.” Could this possibly lead to information disclosure if there was data allocated to swap? I didn’t chose the LVM install (perhaps foolishly)…just the encrypted install.

😃 Also a bonus question if I may: is there a mechanism in arch that cleans up old kernels stored in /boot ? This was problem in ubuntu/mint and you needed to manually purge old kernels after the small boot partition got clogged up with old kernels. I remember playing around with Lubuntu and “apt autoremove” did get rid of these old kernel images but they were never marked as autoremovable in Mint for some reason.

• I see that Ubuntu Zesty (17.04) is getting rid of their swap partition entirely and moving over to a pagefile format like windows, which I think is nice. Does Arch have any plans to follow this method?

partition30 swap8 casual1 observation1 Posts 3Views 745
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.