• Windows boot manager alongside Antergos in BIOS?

Hi!

I am wondering why there is always a windows boot manager (or something like that) in BIOS menu after installing Antergos even though that SSD was purged and there was no sign of Windows (or other system at all). It makes me a little anxious cause I like to have everything in it’s right place and that little “feature” bothers me. Is there any way to get rid of it?

• Please post the output of efibootmgr.

• Hey, Had the same issue but fixed it, It might work for you as this is the most common solution but if it doesn’t work go ahead and tell us.

Run Terminal :
    Run Command

sudo su

enter password

Run Command

update-grub

Follow osi and see if that helps
    During the install if there is a line with windows boot manager then you are fine if not, its a problem

• Hey, this is not a problem of the system, most people who are first timers at installing the system don’t fully read the installation guide, but when you do, at the very bottom they show you how to discover the Windows partition and add it to your bootloader, to save yourself the trouble:

1. Finding Windows 10 for Grub
      Once you are inside your nice new Antergos OS, you may notice that on boot up you are given an option for Antergos or Troubleshooting in grub but NO option for Windows. Don’t freak out your Windows should NOT be gone.

Go into Antergos, find terminal and type in the following command:

sudo su
    os-prober

if you don’t have os-prober install it using the following:

sudo pacman -S os-prober 

Once this is done it should list something similar to what I have below:

/dev/sda2@/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi:Windows Boot Manager:Windows:efi

Great! You found it. Now to update your grub so that it can see it.

Update grub:
     grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
     Reboot

The technical communication for the website is pretty bad at the which is why people don’t see it right of the back. Hope it works! (also sorry for the wierd code background it keeps saying that my post is spammed when I try to fix it.)

boot150 windows35 alongside2 managers1 Posts 4Views 387