• Need help to uninstall a manually installed app(VIM).

Hi there!

I installed Vim two days ago, downloaded a file given in their official webpage, and used make then installed. The thing is, since I come from windows, you know, you can uninstall and clean the trash files remaining, because you know were to look at and how to do it! But in Arch, I think manually installed apps and “auto” installed apps via pacman works different, whatever its the case, Im so confuse on how to uninstall manually apps.

What I have tried so far: locate the files? There are many folders that have VIM/gVIM that Im so confuse but still this doesnt tell me how to uninstall, I KNOW, but after watching some folders having VIM, Im concerned if everything will be removed at the end.

I just want to reinstall it, using pacman -S vim, aka the classic “I think my installation was a mess, want it to do it again in a clean way”.

Thanks for your time.

ReiB

• Better to look at Antergos Software Repo first?
    If get a source file you will have README inside, saying:
    2. make install installation in /usr/local
    But depending on how you install it… also uninstall (make uninstall)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

• @joekamprad Thanks, yeah I will take a note on that, thanks, finally uninstalled.

ReiB

uninstall6 vim4 manually2 appvim1 Posts 3Views 343
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.