• Check your terminal security!! Hidden coded within paste/copy commands

Hi! i saw a video on youtube showing this:
    https://lifepluslinux.blogspot.com.br/2017/01/look-before-you-paste-from-website-to.html

It’s a way that someone can hide a malicious code inside a “visually” innocent command. It’s worth to try testing your terminals…

Cheers

• That’s creapy, when danger is behind every webpage. 📃
    Good that i copy text that comes from the web always first to plain text.
    Or does that also not help?

• @bartatantergos yes it helps since you can see all the text. “Terminix terminal” has enabled an alert with all copy/pasting envolving sudo command, which is pretty useful.
    Also you can use zsh which display all the text pasted and doesn’t run the command automatically like bash…

• @fernandomaroto That’s what i was thinking, i go always thru plain text as i copy from internet or mail.
    Never found, but is there a way to make all copied text automatic plain text in clipboard? So when you paste it’s always plain text.

Will check terminix out.

• @bartatantergos i don’t know since i never tried to configure it, but you can install zsh, when you open a terminal type zsh (configure it the first time you use) then it work with plain text.
    I configured all my terminal to open in zsh automatically at start.

• @fernandomaroto Thanks, will check zsh out.

terminal42 security12 coded1 hided1 Posts 6Views 1068
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.