• Installing antergos on external hard drive

So my friend asked me to install antergos on his external hard drive (he saw me in school using it) and in instalation when you go Erase disc option and then it asks you on which drive to install Antergos, is only his hard drive is going to be erased or all HDD’s connected?

• So my friend asked me to install antergos on his external hard drive (he saw me in school using it) and in instalation when you go Erase disc option and then it asks you on which drive to install Antergos, is only his hard drive is going to be erased or all HDD’s connected?

• Why don’t you just go to manual installation and erase the drive you are sure that it is the one?

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

• Hi!

The answer to your first question is YES and the answer to your second question is NO. Only the drive you select will be erased.

Cheers!

• I’m not using advanced instalation because I’m not the person that is going to install antergos. Antergos automatically installs AMD’s drivers (because I’m installing it on PC that has AMDs GPU) but he has nVidia’s graphics card.

• Hi,

If I am understanding you correctly, you are trying to install to an external hard drive and then the hard drive will be used on different pc? You can’t do that. Well, you could do it but it’s not going to work when you try to boot using a different system. You should install it while the hard drive is attached to the pc that the OS will be run on.

Cheers!

• I did not fully unterstand what your plan is.
    So, your friend is going to install Antergos on his external HDD, that when the drive is attached he can boot Antergos.
    And when it’s unplugged the PC does boot from internal HDD?
    In this case he has to install the bootloader on his external HDD, too. It is the dropdown menu in the bottom of the partitioning window.
    But I am not sure if this will work. Good Luck

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

Posts 7Views 1742