• Incorrect installation path for feedreader 2.0.1-1

feedreader 2.0.1-1 is installed to /pkg/pkg/feedreader/usr/bin instead of to /usr/bin making the application un-runnable, this needs to be corrected.

• Just tried to install it and I can confirm the problem.

• I confirm the error too. Feedreader 2.0.1 is installed from [antergos] repo with wrong paths and is unusable.

The package with the same name exists also in the AUR - feedreader 2.0. This one, if installed, works correctly. It is installed into /bin, /lib64, /usr/share folders.

Pamac gets confused because of identical package names in AUR and [antergos]. It proposes to upgrade AUR-feedreader with [antergos]-feedreader. If upgrade is accepted, it immediately breaks AUR-feedreader. Feedreader stops working.

Personally, I prefer to use Ice-SSB, a site specific browser, to get a standalone web applications in any DE. Any web site | page may be transformed in a regular application - like Distrowatch, Antergos Home, Antergos Forum, Inoreader, Feedly, everything. They are much faster and more reliable than feedreader.

• Antergos devs have noticed this topic, and have promptly fixed the issue. Feedreader package from [antergos] repo is installed in correct folders and works as it should now.

┌──[just]@[alexasc]:~$
    └─> pacman -Qi feedreader
    Name            : feedreader
    Version         : 2.0.1-2
    Description     : A simple feedreader desktop client for web services like Tiny
                      Tiny RSS.
    Architecture    : x86_64
    URL             : https://github.com/jangernert/FeedReader
    Licenses        : GPL3
    Groups          : rss
    Provides        : None
    Depends On      : sqlite3  libnotify  html2text  libsoup  gnome-online-accounts
                      libgee  libpeas
    Optional Deps   : None
    Required By     : None
    Optional For    : None
    Conflicts With  : None
    Replaces        : None
    Installed Size  : 4.16 MiB
    Packager        : Antergos Build Server <[email protected]>
    Build Date      : Wed 22 Feb 2017 22:38:46 MSK
    Install Date    : Thu 23 Feb 2017 09:25:38 MSK
    Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
    Install Script  : No
    Validated By    : Signature

┌──[just]@[alexasc]:~$
    └─>

Well done. Thanks.

• Almost, seems to have some conflict issues requiring force to override.

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -S feedreader
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) feedreader-2.0.1-2

Total Installed Size:  4.16 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    (1/1) checking keys in keyring                                     [####################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking package integrity                                   [####################################] 100%
    (1/1) loading package files                                        [####################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking for file conflicts                                  [####################################] 100%
    error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
    feedreader: /usr/lib64 exists in filesystem
    feedreader: /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled exists in filesystem
    feedreader: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache exists in filesystem
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

• Most probably it’s a conflict with residues from previous unsuccessful attempts to install the package.

Solution:

sudo pacman -S feedreader --force

It will overwrite already existing unneeded feedreader files.

• I mentioned that it was conflicting, the fliepath /usr/lib64 should not come up as a conflict. It would not surprise me a force install broke something. I ended installing it from a git package instead.

installing92 path4 package fail2 feedreader2 Posts 8Views 1116
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.