• Libreoffice ServiceMenus (Right-Click - "Create New")

Hi! I’m trying to figure out how to get back the Libreoffice servicemenu. By this, I mean being able to right-click in a folder and select “Create New” to create a new writer, spreadsheet, or presentation document. There used to be packages in the repos named “kde-servicemenus-newlibreofficedoc” or “dolphin-libreoffice-templates”, but they don’t seem to be available anymore. Was there a problem with them? Any ideas where I can find these packages or how to get back their provided functionality?

As an aside, I tried dropping a template document in the usr/share/templates folder, but does not seem to work. As well, I’ve tried creating a writer.desktop file in the usr/share/templates folder, but I can’t seem to make it work correctly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. It’s been driving me crazy.

• This will probably help you: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=119342 In gnome and other gtk desktops, it is more simple: you just drop a template file in the Templates folder.

• Thank you! I guess I’ve been spoiled by being able just to install the above packages; however, the manual way you pointed me to in the link worked perfectly. I’m embarrassed I didn’t find that myself, but, again, thank you!

Marking as “Solved.”

• BTW, for those who might follow/find this thread:

Under Plasma 5, the files you create per the above link seem best to be placed within the /usr/share/templates folder.

-BK

kde159 libreoffice15 servicemenus2 Posts 4Views 828
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.