Another problem I’ve hit since installing - when the screen blanks, I am unable to get back to the desktop. Press a key and nothing happens. Ended up having to power the laptop down.

After a bit of checking, it looks as though the problem is a conflict between Xfce and light-locker. I tried disabling all the options in light-locker except for the screen blanking, but still end up with the same problem - once the screen blanks, I can’t get back to the desktop. I’ve tried CTRL-ALT-Fx (tired most of the f keys), which also fails to work.

The laptop is still running - I enabled the SSH server and I can ssh in from another machine without problems, so its purely the desktop that is having problems.

I found a few similar problems reported for Xubuntu, but they’re all a couple of years old, and I can’t say that I’ve seen any problem in the copy of Xubuntu 16.04 that I have installed.

For the moment, I’ve moved /etc/xdg/autostart/light-locker.desktop and I’m using xscreensaver instead, but I’d rather use light-locker if possible.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas how to fix it without disabling light-locker?