• Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?

Title says it all: When will Vivaldi 1.7 be available in the Antergos repo?

Thanks!
    Chris

• Ah, I see. But the repo still contains the old version.

0_1487149855837_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-02-15 10-10-27.png

• yes it is on the way i think?
    Bild Text

• Vivaldi 1.7.x and vivaldi-snapshot 1.8.x are available from [herecura] repo. Pkgs are built against core, so they’re fully Arch- and Antergos-compatible.

• @just Thanks for the info. I added the repo but Vivaldi was not updated, only pepper-flash. Do I have to uninstall Vivaldi 1.6 and do a fresh install of version 1.7? Sorry for asking, but I don’t want to mess up my Vivaldi configuration. And do I understand this correctly: Vivaldi won’t get any further updates in the Antergos repos?

• [herecura] repo must have higher priority than [antergos] - i.e., placed above it.

Beware: it may create collisions between other pkgs, present in both repos.

• @just said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

Hm. So it’s probably not a good idea to add that repo. Vivaldi won’t get any further updates in the Antergos repo?

• @chrisflr said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

@just said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

Hm. So it’s probably not a good idea to add that repo.

Yes, it’s a bad idea.

Vivaldi won’t get any further updates in the Antergos repo?

I don’t know. I’m not a part of Antergos team.

• Would be bad caus it is a very interesting browser!

• Yes it interesting and you must read this…may be ))
    How to speed up the Vivaldi web browser

• @chrisflr said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

…Vivaldi won’t get any further updates in the Antergos repo?

Discovering only now - the build process for vivaldi 1.7.735.46-1 has started on ABS a few days ago. It failed, but it is in progress.

It’s the same version currently present in [herecura].

Once the package build is succeeded, vivaldi 1.7.x will be available in [antergos] repo.

• @chrisflr I have vivaldi installed since a long time and it always getting updated, don’t worry, Antergos allways update it from time to time (i guess once a month or so). Perhaps it won’t be update at the speed you want heheheh.
    Cheers!

• @just: Thanks again for the info!
    @fernandomaroto: I’m a Vivaldi user since the first beta release and I know that the Vivaldi updates in the Antergos repo are always a bit behind. That doesn’t matter to me, I am a patient guy. I just wanted to know when the update approximately can be expected.

• This post is deleted!
  • @joekamprad Vivaldi is just another chromium clone, nothing more, nothing less.
    J.

• @Jeannie____ said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

@joekamprad Vivaldi is just another chromium clone, nothing more, nothing less.
    J.

👍

• @judd said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

@Jeannie____ said in Vivaldi 1.7 in the Antergos repo?:

@joekamprad Vivaldi is just another chromium clone, nothing more, nothing less.
    J.

👍

/me i am also “only” kinda clone frome my mama+papa

• Wrong, youre a combination of genes from your father and your mother, no clone. Vivaldi simply is a cloned Chromium with fresh make up on top
    J.

• o.k. now i agree with you!
    Is there something real inventing new, to access internet content then?

repo17 vivaldi16 1.71 Posts 26Views 4948
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.