• SOLVED\]What are these services?

I underlined these services, what I don’t know.
    [list:2spy9uch][*:2spy9uch]What is rfkill services, and why I have two?
    [*:2spy9uch]What is wpa_supplicant services? My wifi card is disabled.[/*:m:2spy9uch]
    [*:2spy9uch]And, at the bottom of the image, why the systemd-rfkill services is loading 6+ seconds, and the next service’s time is 2,8 seconds?[/*:m:2spy9uch][/list:u:2spy9uch]

Don't forget to mark as [SOLVED], if your problem was solved!

• I underlined these services, what I don’t know.
    [list:2spy9uch][*:2spy9uch]What is rfkill services, and why I have two?
    [*:2spy9uch]What is wpa_supplicant services? My wifi card is disabled.[/*:m:2spy9uch]
    [*:2spy9uch]And, at the bottom of the image, why the systemd-rfkill services is loading 6+ seconds, and the next service’s time is 2,8 seconds?[/*:m:2spy9uch][/list:u:2spy9uch]

• rfkill is a kernel interface for dis- and enabling wireless hardware.
    wpa_supplicant is also for wifi as you said before.
    colord is a daemon to map input/output devices to color profiles.

If you don’t use wifi, you can disable rfkill and wpa_supplicant.
    $rfkill list
    to see which devices (bluetooth, umts etc.) will be affected by disabling it.

And maybe you should not touch colord. It could brake scanning, printing and even generating thumbnails of pictures.

alsa-store.service is a service to store your mixer settings. and obviously alsa-restore.service is to restore your settings after reboot etc.

backlight service is for making your Fn-keys work for changing display brightness.

and connman-vpn is the connection manager starting the vpn service

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

• @“b1n0ry”:2wkzlxjl said:

rfkill is a kernel interface for dis- and enabling wireless hardware.
    wpa_supplicant is also for wifi as you said before.
    colord is a daemon to map input/output devices to color profiles.

If you don’t use wifi, you can disable rfkill and wpa_supplicant.
    $rfkill list
    to see which devices (bluetooth, umts etc.) will be affected by disabling it.

And maybe you should not touch colord. It could brake scanning, printing and even generating thumbnails of pictures.

alsa-store.service is a service to store your mixer settings. and obviously alsa-restore.service is to restore your settings after reboot etc.

backlight service is for making your Fn-keys work for changing display brightness.

and connman-vpn is the connection manager starting the vpn service[/quote:2wkzlxjl]

Thank you your reply!

I hardly ever use wifi. So, I don’t know what is the best method.
    If colord is neccesary for printing/scanning it remains.
    The sound level restoration is not important for me. Can I disabled this service?
    I don’t use VPN connection. I have a router, with PPPoE connect.

• Have a look at this.
    [http://www.freedesktop.org/software/colord/screenshots.html][0]">[http://www.freedesktop.org/software/col][1] … shots.html
    These are screenshots from the colord GUI Tool. You have probably seen this software before. Usually you wont ever need this because you probably don’t have special hardware which need these special settings. But somewhere i read that messing around with colord _could_ affect these things I told you, but it doesn’t have to be so. And I hardly now something about colord, so just let it go as long as it doesn’t make troubles.

If you want to remove services you don’t need, you can:

su  
    systemctl stop wpa\_supplicant.service  
    systemctl disable wpa\_supplicant.service 

and so on. And of cource you can uninstall the packages but they are too small to care.

If you do any kind of multimedia, listen to music, watching videos etc. I would not disable any alsa service.

Cheers

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/col

• @“I-sty”:2qhcv0bx said:

The sound level restoration is not important for me. Can I disabled this service?[/quote:2qhcv0bx]Removing colord will cause many problems if you are using GNOME. I’m not sure how dependent other desktops are on it though. As for the alsa service, I wouldn’t remove it but I won’t tell you why. I’ll let you find out (don’t worry, nothing will break) I bet you end up adding it back though

• @“lots.0.logs”:5iyt6apk said:

@“I-sty”:5iyt6apk said:

The sound level restoration is not important for me. Can I disabled this service?[/quote:5iyt6apk]Removing colord will cause many problems if you are using GNOME. I’m not sure how dependent other desktops are on it though. As for the alsa service, I wouldn’t remove it but I won’t tell you why. I’ll let you find out (don’t worry, nothing will break) I bet you end up adding it back though

You are cruel !

• Leave it all
    But, why I have 2 rfkill services? rfkill0 and rfkill1?

[[email protected] ~]$ rfkill list  
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN  
    Soft blocked: yes  
    Hard blocked: yes  

• @“I-sty”:14ot486p said:

But, why I have 2 rfkill services? rfkill0 and rfkill1?
    [/quote:14ot486p]

ls -l /sys/class/rfkill

Posts 9Views 1140