• A Problem Has Been Detected With Your Thumbnail Cache

Hello everybody
    I’m very tired of putting up with this problem. I have been trying for a long time to fix it without success. And I have looked for a lot of information (Maybe not enough :confused: ), but nothing… All the supposed solutions that I found in the web have not worked for me.
    Nemo continues crashing occasionally; fails and the desktop appears empty, but the most important thing for me is to avoid the annoying message of “A Problem Has Been Detected With Your Thumbnail Cache” every 5 minutes. Curiously I was having the same problem in linuxmint 18, but I really like Cinnamon and I would not want to stop using it.
    Any solution?
    someone knows?
    I’ll pay the beers!
    Thank you anyway

• @ascam74 Hi friend i don’t use cinnamon nor nemo, but i guess you can simply try to install other file manager like pcmanfm (light file manager), caja (from mate desktop), nautilus (gnome desktop) and see if it will crash…

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Hi Fernando
    That is precisely what i have done, I’ve been using pcmanfm with satisfying result , but it’s not the solution I’m looking for. By the way, how good is mate? Some usability problem? I’ve never used it and may give it a chance.

• @ascam74 ok i understand, what packages are installed when you type thumbnail on pamac-manager (add/remove programs)?
    I love MATE because of it’s highly configurable panel, and the “old interface” that reminds me win xp. Then i use caja because comes installed by default. I guess you won’t see many diferences between caja/nautilus/nemo.

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• 0_1487100665318_Captura de pantalla de 2017-02-14 20-29-55.png
    This is what comes out

• @ascam74 ok, i don’t have tumbler installed here. I guess you can try to uninstall and use nemo again for testing…

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• @fernandomaroto Hmmm. The truth is that cinnamon still has some endemic issues. I guess over time problems will be solved, so I’ll see how to deal with this a bit more until I get tired and change my desktop all at once. Thanks for your efforts!

• ok, you’re welcome, but i warn you that mate is kinda buggy too… This last update developers fixed a lot of bugs, but you know how it is :)

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

cache2 thumbnail2 detected7 Posts 8Views 428