• Freeze after login

Hello everyone,
    I have installed Antergos with GNOME and Cinnamon. On both, I want to login on my session and the screen freezes. Impossible to access to the other sessions (Ctrl + Alt + F2).
    I really dont know what to do. Sorry for the english and thank you

• Hello:

" Welche Graph hat den PC?"

What graphic does the pc have?

When you start grub press “e” and look for the line that puts “linux” at the end you put 3 then press F10 and the system will start in console mode. You can do this? Is to know if it is problem of the “X” since with the 4.9 kernel some cards give problems with the driver xf86-video-ati and the xf85-video-amdgpu

regards

• The PC have a GTX 970M

The pc works well when I add the 3 at the end of the linux’s line. So the problem comes from the graphic card?

• Hello:
    If the graphical controller does not work well, it does not detect it correctly.

I do not know what graphics are causing problems, whether the integrated (intel) or the dedicated (Nvidia)

Reboot the system (3 option) and put:

lspci | Grep -E "VGA | 3D"

To know the id bus of the graph.

sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

And inside you write:

Section "Module"
         Load "modesetting"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier "nvidia"
         Driver "nvidia"
         BusID "<BusID for NVIDIA device here>"
         Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
    EndSection

Reboot

And i hope it works

• I have installed “nvidia” after I have done what you said.
    it doesn’t work but now I have some errors to share

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160831/dswload-210)
    ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, (SSDT:xh_rvp11) while loading table (20160831/tbxfload-228)
    ACPI Error: 1 table load failures, 9 succesful (20160831/tbxfload-246)
    ACPI Error: [^^^PEG0.PEGP.EASP] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160831/psargs-359)
    ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC._REG] (Node ffff8804b10e59b0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20160831/psparse-543)
    starting version 232

There are other errors after but I think they are not related to the problem

freeze23 cinnamon68 gnome209 Posts 5Views 424