• \[SOLVED\] GRUB briefly displays error

I observe this every boot. After the welcome to Grub message there is very briefly an error displayed. Too short to read but I believe it is missing a (background?) file. Where can I investigate this (logfiles)?

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• I observe this every boot. After the welcome to Grub message there is very briefly an error displayed. Too short to read but I believe it is missing a (background?) file. Where can I investigate this (logfiles)?

• mmmm I think I know which error you mean.

Did you reinstall grub manually lately?

That error could be that grub doesn’t find your locale file in /boot/grub. Our installeres should create a symlink to hide that error (it is not that big deal), but if you reinstall grub manually you lose that symlink

• @“faidoc”:335zb4xj said:

…but if you reinstall grub manually you lose that symlink[/quote:335zb4xj]

Must answer no, still using the installer installed version.
    It certainly is no big deal, all works fine so no sweat! I was only curious about what is missing. Found a theme in the boot folder and because that is not displayed I thought maybe it isn’t properly installed.

• Well then yeah, maybe the theme has something wrong
    ICan’t remember any grub log, you could look at your journalctl or inside /var/log

… or you could try to take a picture of the screen xD

• @“faidoc”:25crjpfe said:

Well then yeah, maybe the theme has something wrong
    ICan’t remember any grub log, you could look at your journalctl or inside /var/log

… or you could try to take a picture of the screen xD[/quote:25crjpfe]

journalctl start right after the boot so pre-boot errors are not logged (if any). I wil try to rake a movie with my phone, a picture will not work, the phone (and I) are to slow…

• Error message not seen anymore since the installation of the latest and greatest Antergos Distro

• I still see a brief error before grub shows up :\
    Gonna try to record with camera

• It could be an fsck error. If it does not prevent you from booting and you aren’t experiencing any issues in your system then its nothing to worry about. If you would like to post your journal I would be more than happy to take a look to be sure

sudo journalctl -b \> ~/journal.log

• I don’t see anything to worry about. The only suggestion I have is to install the modemmanager package then enable it with systemctl. That will stop all of the garbage in your journal that’s make it double the size it would normally be!

Posts 11Views 1565