• Custom Wallpaper, Login, Lockscreen reset after 5.9.1 upgrade

Heyo,

I just went from KDE Plasma 5.8 to 5.9. After the upgrade some of the most visible settings were set to KDE defaults:

• login screen
    • wallpaper
    • lock screen

Is this an Antergos issue or upsteam? It is really annoying.

• @blizzz , nothing s changed for me apart from the new KDE version. Are you sure you hadn t configured any settings yourself?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @blizzz , nothing s changed for me apart from the new KDE version. Are you sure you hadn t configured any settings yourself?

Yes, absolutely. I did the upgrade, reboot, and was welcomed with the stock login screen.

• @blizzz said

I did the upgrade, reboot, and was welcomed with the stock login screen.

When you say “stock login screen” you mean KDE s sddm instead of the Antergos default lightdm?

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• When you say “stock login screen” you mean KDE s sddm instead of the Antergos default lightdm?

Oh, yes, forgot to mention it. SDDM it is.

• That s it, then. Can we consider it “SOLVED”, then? If so, will you please do it?
    Cheers

• Well, it’s not solved. Do you want to say it is not applicable because it’s not Antergos’s stock display manager? It’s still an issue, though. SDDM is in extra repositories … should I look for answers at Arch community instead? If it is an issue with the display manager, and not with the KDE integration.

• Well. all I want to say is that it is not an Antergos issue and in this view there is nothing Antergos can do. Default Antergos was not affected, thus I should say the issue is “SOLVED”.
    Because I keep 2 DMs (lightdm & sddm) myself, I switched to sddm and I can confirm what you say. I really don t know if this is the normal behavior or a bug, but neither do I think it s an Arch issue (by the way expect a hostile attitude should you ask in their forum and tell them you re not using vanilla Arch but a derivative).
    If you want to find it out, you should ask KDE themselves (forum or file a bug). At least that s what I would do or start from.
    Cheers

• Not a bad idea to google your issue and look for possible similar issues

customization1 upgrade39 kde102 Posts 8Views 548