• Antergos IRC and telegram bridge

@Jeannie____ said in Antergos IRC and telegram bridge:

Declaring the Telegram bridge problem as solved by adding another client ( Riot/Matrix) is ridiculous and no soultion at all.

I agree, though no one said it was.

• Your refusal to remove T8 tells me you declare the problem as solved by adding more communication channels and by bocking T8.
    That is inacceptavble for me. Mixing different communication standards/systems and not seeing/ simply ignoring the incompatibilities and problems that arise from such mixings is a really bad thing.
    J.

• So when we add a Telegram bot to merge two networks, it doesn’t work for you, and now that we add a more natural system in the form of Matrix it doesn’t please you either?

We can’t please everyone, and it shows. I’m all for sticking with the system that appeals to most people, and that system happens to be Telegram.

• @Jeannie____ said in Antergos IRC and telegram bridge:

Your refusal to remove T8 tells me you declare the problem as solved by adding more communication channels and by bocking T8.

Q: If I were to remove T8 what would happen?
    A: You would not see any messages or stickers from the Telegram group.

Q: If you were to block T8 yourself what would happen?
    A: You would not see any messages or stickers from the Telegram group.

Your insistence that it has to be removed in order to be solved is unacceptable to me.

Your refusal to remove T8 tells me you declare the problem as solved

Your insistence to declare something on my behalf is also unacceptable to me. I have no interest in removing the Telegram integration but I do not “declare the problem as solved”. I said it was not solved but that your suggestion of removable of the bot is not a reasonable solution to me.

Mixing different communication standards/systems and not seeing/ simply ignoring the incompatibilities and problems that arise from such mixings is a really bad thing.

It’s problematic but I consider the addition of 90+ users via the Telegram group to be an positive vs them not using the channel at all.

Concerning your statement about Matrix/Riot, your complaint towards Matrix/Riot is pointless because those issues do not exist at all with Matrix/Riot and thus the complaint is irrelevant in regards to that integration. You do not understand how Matrix<->IRC works and that’s fine but making a declarative statement based on your lack of understanding is problematic.

@NanoSector said in Antergos IRC and telegram bridge:

We can’t please everyone, and it shows. I’m all for sticking with the system that appeals to most people, and that system happens to be Telegram.

That’s certainly the case in this sutation. I am in favor of the bridge of all 3, IRC<->Matrix<bot>Telegram.

For the people who do not want the Telegram Bot to bother them, then feel free to block the bot, for now. If a better solution arises then we will try to implement it.

• Seems I am out, this so called solution with adding another chat standard to irc… sucks big time, but maybe you should bridge even more chat standards to irc to make the chaos complete and utterly unmoderable, IRC is not telegram, telegram is not irc. Want the smartphonie kids in telegram, make a telegram group, but leave it out if other incompatible chat platforms.
    By the way, I have never seen MichaelTunell moderate anything, neither from T8 nor from IRC, but it was interresting today to see him struggling with his 3 ways to acces IRC simultaneously.
    Have fun attracting new users/catering antergos support in your unattractive troll filled unmoderated/unmoderable IRC/Telegram/Matrix chaos chat mix…
    J.
    P.S. Id like to read a statement on this so called improvement by adding matrix from someone else from the Antergos team than only from the guy who runs the T8 bridge and the one who doesn’t do his mod job.

maybe you should bridge even more chat standards to irc to make the chaos complete and utterly unmoderable, IRC is not telegram, telegram is not irc. Want the smartphonie kids in telegram, make a telegram group, but leave it out if other incompatible chat platforms.

You don’t like the integration. That’s fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your opinion though does not trump the opinions of everyone else.

By the way, I have never seen MichaelTunell moderate anything, neither from T8 nor from IRC

I’ve been moderator of the IRC channel for 3 years so I’ve done plenty, it doesn’t matter if you see it or not. Besides, I already asked you to give me names and logs for the things you claimed but you still have yet to do so. That’s on you.

but it was interresting today to see him struggling with his 3 ways to acces IRC simultaneously.

Do you just never pay attention? I was not struggling in any way because I wasn’t setting up anything nor trying to figure out anything. I was teaching someone else how the system and protocol of Matrix works. I setup the integration with Matrix over 3 weeks ago and you seem to have not even noticed because today you complained about it happening. Quick reminder, you already complained about this integration with Matrix on the day I did it. I explained to you on that day, that the intregation with Matrix is very different. It seems, you didn’t pay attention.

Have fun attracting new users/catering antergos support in your unattractive troll filled unmoderated/unmoderable IRC/Telegram/Matrix chaos chat mix…

It is moderable and we do moderate it. Feel free to say the Telegram thing is an issue if you want to because there is validity to that but the Matrix integration is absolutely 100% not an issue.

Id like to read a statement on this so called improvement by adding matrix from someone else from the Antergos team than only from the guy who runs the T8 bridge and the one who doesn’t do his mod job.

I’ve already explained it to you on multiple occasions (including the day I did it) and it was explained again by someone else in the IRC channel today. By the way, I don’t run the Telegram Bot, so there you go yet again making declarative statements based on lacking information.

I have never seen MichaelTunell moderate anything, neither from T8 nor from IRC

I believe you when you say you haven’t seen it, because that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention.

• This post is deleted!
  • @MichaelTunnell
    No, you don’t run the bot, nanosector does,. The fact that you did not even read properly that I wrote : “I’d like to read a statement on this so called improvement by adding matrix from someone else from the Antergos team than only from the guy who runs the T8 bridge and the one who doesn’t do his mod job” shows me that you only read what you want to read.
    Saying “Telegram works best” is a bad bad joke, it works so good for old fashioned irc users that they have to block ~90 people because some of these smartphone morons using telegram know how abuse the fact that they as individuals are unblockable for irc users. Wonderful solution indeed.
    J.

• Instead of pointing fingers at everyone else, maybe you should also have a look at yourself. On multiple occasions have we asked and tried to tell you to be more positive and stop triggering others. The fact you keep complaining about everything and anything, even if it is a valid solution to your problem, ticks multiple people off who are just trying to help.

Because that’s the purpose of the channel, to help people. Off-topic is very well allowed, that includes smartphone chat. Don’t read it if you don’t like it, don’t open the stickers if you don’t like them. You are not required to read every discussion in the channel.

You’re in a minority when it comes to not liking the T8 bot. Like I said, I am all for keeping it if people like it. Most people like it, the ones who do not can just ignore it, it’s a standard feature in IRC clients.

I know you don’t like this answer and still want it your way but that is not going to happen, unfortunately for you. You are with many more people in the channel, all of which you have to account for.

• So, another reply by the guy who runs T8. Any other statements from the Antergos team members?
    J.

Saying “Telegram works best” is a bad bad joke

literally no one said that.

it works so good for old fashioned irc users that they have to block ~90 people because some of these smartphone morons using telegram know how abuse the fact that they as individuals are unblockable for irc users.

You keep saying that there were people abusing the integration yet continue to ignore my requests for examples of such abuse. How do you expect a mod to moderate if you don’t backup your claims of abuse?

So, another reply by the guy who runs T8. Any other statements from the Antergos team members?
    J.

If our replies are not good enough for you then that’s fine. I wont bother replying anymore. Have a nice day.

irc6 telegram4 bridge1 Posts 31Views 8736
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.