• Small problem = bug ?

I tried to install Antergos (twice) on Macbook 5.1, (it has nvidia but I installed default nouveau drivers, didnt install nvidia drivers). There is a small problem.
    After I install and reboot the system asks if I should load default or fall back, or cancel (I don’t know what that is). I chose default and I logged in. Then I turned off.

When I turn it on, it boots, but the login screen is completely dark. I can only recognise where I have to input the password because of the shape of my mouse arrow.
    Thats why I reinstalled. The first time I didn’t know how to get over that black screen. I hope I’ll became a permanent linux user this time. I also tried in the past to install other linux distros but also failed for various reasons, mostly because of video drivers. That request of a small donations of $2 is very nice, actually I’m willing to donate more, if not I will try to sponsor the development of some utilities to make the user inteface more easier.

But I need to understand if this hardware is not totally compatible with linux, or its something else. This is a minor issue, but I don’t want bigger ones or too many.

Also in Firefox I dont see any Menu bar, how do I acces the Preferences/Options ?

• What desktop environment are u using? gnome, kde, xfce…? Have you tried more or just one?
    Is it a monitor backlight issue or theming/vga related?
    For me it seems you have some kinda theming bug which might be related to nvidia driver.
    According to the following page you have nvidia GeForce 9400M.
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/specs/macbook-core-2-duo-2.4-aluminum-13-late-2008-unibody-specs.html

If you want to get help please give more information. There is plenty of good folks around here to help just give them some clue to bite on. :)

• For the Firefox menubar, go to the far right of your firefox window and click the 3 horizontal lines. From the menu that opens up, go to the bottom and click on customize. At the bottom left, the middle button that says “Show/Hide Toolbars” is where you can select both the menubar and the bookmark toolbar.

Hope this helps you.

• @r1kkHUN said in Small problem = bug ?:

What desktop environment are u using? gnome, kde, xfce…? Have you tried more or just one?
    Is it a monitor backlight issue or theming/vga related?

I’m using GNOME. I dont know how to verify if it uses Wayland, I’ve heard they implemented it as default.
    My hardware display works well. I do not know exactly how all these relate to each other under the hood: the login-manager and desktop environment and video driver. But I know I’ve had in the past problems with video drivers.

Now surprise: last time when I started up the system, and got the black screen, after I’ve input the password, the login screen suddenly showed up.

But I still do not know why after I installed Antergos and restarted, the system asked me to choose a default or a fallback and don’t know what that represents.

• @id201701 said

restarted, the system asked me to choose a default or a fallback and don’t know what that represents.

That s a known issue that I also experience in my two machines. It happens from time to time but gives no trouble to login.
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

nvidia94 gnome187 Posts 5Views 339