• \[SOLVED\]Internet fail after upgrade of Antergos AUR packages

Hi Guys, been awhile since i last use Antergos as the main OS on my desktop. After booting Antergos, i found out that the pacman has an update. I took the easier way out and click on the GUI to upgrade packages. I click on the upgrade AUR packages. It upgraded all the packages. which took almost all night but eventually was successful. I rebooted the desktop and found that my wired connection is not working. The configuration is set on DHCP.

Reading some tips and suggestion on Antergos google + community which suggested downgrading the network manager to get back the internet connectivity, which I tried doing but got a massage that says I have be rooted in order to compete the downgrade process.

Now I am stuck with two problem, no internet connectivity and I am not rooted.

Any ideas or tips, Anyone please ??

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Guys, been awhile since i last use Antergos as the main OS on my desktop. After booting Antergos, i found out that the pacman has an update. I took the easier way out and click on the GUI to upgrade packages. I click on the upgrade AUR packages. It upgraded all the packages. which took almost all night but eventually was successful. I rebooted the desktop and found that my wired connection is not working. The configuration is set on DHCP.

Reading some tips and suggestion on Antergos google + community which suggested downgrading the network manager to get back the internet connectivity, which I tried doing but got a massage that says I have be rooted in order to compete the downgrade process.

Now I am stuck with two problem, no internet connectivity and I am not rooted.

Any ideas or tips, Anyone please ??

Thanks in advance.

• Hi.
    In order to be rooted you need to do the following. Open a terminal and do the following:

You input and output (with the exception of the localhost and username) should look like the below example.   
    Input your passward after you input [i:3izonw7a]'su'[/i:3izonw7a]. Your password will not be visible. It's a security measure.   

[[email protected] ~]$ su  
    Password:   
    [[email protected] frankenstein]\# 

Please post here your success on this rooted and network connectivity issue to continue having it resolved if need be.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Hi all,

I have manage to resolved the issue. Those who provided tips and help thanks alot. It have help narrow the scope of fault finding. The fault was with my CAT5 cable. I had to recrimp and change the color coding to standard A. That helps and now i have internet via ethernet. Hence it also helps to check hardware. Thanks iam back on Antergos.

• don’t forget to mark(edit subject) solved if your issue has been solved!

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 5Views 1027