• \[SOLVED\]Internet fail after upgrade of Antergos AUR packages

Hi Guys, been awhile since i last use Antergos as the main OS on my desktop. After booting Antergos, i found out that the pacman has an update. I took the easier way out and click on the GUI to upgrade packages. I click on the upgrade AUR packages. It upgraded all the packages. which took almost all night but eventually was successful. I rebooted the desktop and found that my wired connection is not working. The configuration is set on DHCP.

Reading some tips and suggestion on Antergos google + community which suggested downgrading the network manager to get back the internet connectivity, which I tried doing but got a massage that says I have be rooted in order to compete the downgrade process.

Now I am stuck with two problem, no internet connectivity and I am not rooted.

Any ideas or tips, Anyone please ??

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Guys, been awhile since i last use Antergos as the main OS on my desktop. After booting Antergos, i found out that the pacman has an update. I took the easier way out and click on the GUI to upgrade packages. I click on the upgrade AUR packages. It upgraded all the packages. which took almost all night but eventually was successful. I rebooted the desktop and found that my wired connection is not working. The configuration is set on DHCP.

Reading some tips and suggestion on Antergos google + community which suggested downgrading the network manager to get back the internet connectivity, which I tried doing but got a massage that says I have be rooted in order to compete the downgrade process.

Now I am stuck with two problem, no internet connectivity and I am not rooted.

Any ideas or tips, Anyone please ??

Thanks in advance.

• Hi.
    In order to be rooted you need to do the following. Open a terminal and do the following:

You input and output (with the exception of the localhost and username) should look like the below example.   
    Input your passward after you input [i:3izonw7a]'su'[/i:3izonw7a]. Your password will not be visible. It's a security measure.   

[[email protected] ~]$ su  
    Password:   
    [[email protected] frankenstein]\# 

Please post here your success on this rooted and network connectivity issue to continue having it resolved if need be.

• Hi all,

I have manage to resolved the issue. Those who provided tips and help thanks alot. It have help narrow the scope of fault finding. The fault was with my CAT5 cable. I had to recrimp and change the color coding to standard A. That helps and now i have internet via ethernet. Hence it also helps to check hardware. Thanks iam back on Antergos.

• don’t forget to mark(edit subject) solved if your issue has been solved!

Posts 5Views 1464
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.