• Error Opening Nautilus as Root

I am trying to open Nautilus as root but I get this warning and Nautilus wont open:

(nautilus:918): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2475: signal 'slot-added' is invalid for instance '0xdd0290' of type 'GtkMessageDialog'  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2475: signal 'slot-removed' is invalid for instance '0xdd0290' of type 'GtkMessageDialog'  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: invalid cast from 'GtkMessageDialog' to 'NautilusWindow'  
    \*\*  
    ERROR:nautilus-window.c:2095:nautilus\_window\_get\_slots: assertion failed: (NAUTILUS\_IS\_WINDOW (window))

Any ideas?

• I am trying to open Nautilus as root but I get this warning and Nautilus wont open:

(nautilus:918): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2475: signal 'slot-added' is invalid for instance '0xdd0290' of type 'GtkMessageDialog'  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2475: signal 'slot-removed' is invalid for instance '0xdd0290' of type 'GtkMessageDialog'  

(nautilus:918): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: invalid cast from 'GtkMessageDialog' to 'NautilusWindow'  
    \*\*  
    ERROR:nautilus-window.c:2095:nautilus\_window\_get\_slots: assertion failed: (NAUTILUS\_IS\_WINDOW (window))

Any ideas?

• Hi,

Nautilus is extremely picky about being launched from the terminal. Edit your sudoers file using:

sudo nano /etc/sudoers

and change this line:

\#Defaults env\_keep += "HOME"

to this

Defaults env\_keep += "HOME DISPLAY XAUTHORITY"

Save the changes (ctrl + x) and reboot. Hope it helps!

****BE VERY CAREFUL, TYPOS IN THIS FILE WILL RENDER THE SUDO COMMAND UNUSABLE*****

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:134wrpd5 said:

Hi,

Nautilus is extremely picky about being launched from the terminal. Edit your sudoers file using:

sudo nano /etc/sudoers

and change this line:

\#Defaults env\_keep += "HOME"

to this

Defaults env\_keep += "HOME DISPLAY XAUTHORITY"

Save the changes (ctrl + x) and reboot. Hope it helps!

****BE VERY CAREFUL, TYPOS IN THIS FILE WILL RENDER THE SUDO COMMAND UNUSABLE*****

Cheers![/quote:134wrpd5]

Awesome thank you.

• if your issue is solved,please mark/edit your subject as solved

Posts 5Views 3235
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.