• Gnome Shell Crashes Randomly

Hi, I’ve been getting random crashes on Gnome Shell recently. It seems to happen more often when using the File Manager, Nautilus. I can provide logs, but apparently I can’t upload the tar file containing the logs cause I don’t have the permissions to do so. I’m new to using Antegros(Coming from Ubuntu Land here.), so please bear with me if I am missing something.

• Since I can’t upload my log files as a Zip or Tar file, I’ll just provide a link so someone could download them and take a look at them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByNfx7i1be0EdDRLVmd0bHJvMk0/view?

• @odysseywestra

Hmmm…
    What you installed recently?
    What is your machine PC, Laptop or something else?
    Proprietary drivers?

I saw in your journal these errors below:

“tracker-miner - (sparql buffer) not available”
    This application is a gnome service that runs in background, a search engine, search tool and metadata storage system.
    As far as I know, tracker app errors cannot crash desktop environment but for me is unneeded and I always remove (frees 50~300 mb of ram to spend in other apps), if you wish, you can remove by sudo pacman -R tracker

“variety.desktop - raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)”
    Variety Wallpaper Changer;
    All I know is that app is written in python2 but I don’t know if can download invalid image and set as wallpaper crashing gnome;

“udiskd sk_disk_smart_read_data - Operation not supported (udisks-error-quark, 0)”
    Udisk daemon geta an error when tries to read SMART(Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) data.
    This is worrisome can be a disk dying or udisks2 package got corrupted on your system which you can reinstall with sudo pacman -S udisks2

“gnome-photos liblensfun.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
    Optional dependency gegl isn’t installed, you can install by sudo pacman -S gegl

I recommend that you try one at a time to be sure where is the problem.

gnome321 crashes29 shell17 randomly12 Posts 3Views 1135
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.