• Gnome Shell Crashes Randomly

Hi, I’ve been getting random crashes on Gnome Shell recently. It seems to happen more often when using the File Manager, Nautilus. I can provide logs, but apparently I can’t upload the tar file containing the logs cause I don’t have the permissions to do so. I’m new to using Antegros(Coming from Ubuntu Land here.), so please bear with me if I am missing something.

• Since I can’t upload my log files as a Zip or Tar file, I’ll just provide a link so someone could download them and take a look at them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByNfx7i1be0EdDRLVmd0bHJvMk0/view?

• @odysseywestra

Hmmm…
    What you installed recently?
    What is your machine PC, Laptop or something else?
    Proprietary drivers?

I saw in your journal these errors below:

"tracker-miner - (sparql buffer) not available"
    This application is a gnome service that runs in background, a search engine, search tool and metadata storage system.
    As far as I know, tracker app errors cannot crash desktop environment but for me is unneeded and I always remove (frees 50~300 mb of ram to spend in other apps), if you wish, you can remove by sudo pacman -R tracker

"variety.desktop - raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)"
    Variety Wallpaper Changer;
    All I know is that app is written in python2 but I don’t know if can download invalid image and set as wallpaper crashing gnome;

"udiskd sk_disk_smart_read_data - Operation not supported (udisks-error-quark, 0)"
    Udisk daemon geta an error when tries to read SMART(Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) data.
    This is worrisome can be a disk dying or udisks2 package got corrupted on your system which you can reinstall with sudo pacman -S udisks2

"gnome-photos liblensfun.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
    Optional dependency gegl isn’t installed, you can install by sudo pacman -S gegl

I recommend that you try one at a time to be sure where is the problem.

crashes8 shell10 randomly1 gnome210 Posts 3Views 467