• Like 0

Help getting Bluetooth to work on a new install.

Hi, I’m a long time Linux user of Ubuntu, and I decided to take the leap to Arch. Antergos seemed to be the most straightforward testing-the-waters way to install, so I took the leap. After install, most everything worked great. I managed to figure out how to autostart a script, as I needed a bandaid fix to adjust the brightness on my laptop, however, the one issue I couldn’t figure out, was how to get Bluetooth working.

I followed several guides, and found that the device is listed under lsusb, as BCM2046, however, it is not listed when running rfkill list, and running systemctl enable bluetooth.service -> systemctl start bluetooth service -> systemctl status bluetooth.service still says that it is disabled. I’m nearly at the end of my wits, as I have looked into this a lot, and still have had a lot of trouble with it. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Additionally, how does markup work for formatting code here?

• Like 0

Have you followed the wiki, or something else?
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth

I only have 3 dongles that shows up as “Cambridge Silicon Radio” something something and they all work out of the box, so I don’t know much about Broadcom.
    Lots of posts about hid2hci etc. too but not sure I understand how that works, and don’t know if any of them matches the system you have?

• Like 0

I did enable it a few days ago, didn’t have any problems. Could it be that the service is called bluetoothd instead of bluetooth? (I’m at work so I can’t check it now)

sudo pacman -S bluez bluez-utils
    systemctl enable bluetoothd
    systemctl start bluetoothd

bluetooth17 install67 Posts 3Views 149