• Help getting Bluetooth to work on a new install.

Hi, I’m a long time Linux user of Ubuntu, and I decided to take the leap to Arch. Antergos seemed to be the most straightforward testing-the-waters way to install, so I took the leap. After install, most everything worked great. I managed to figure out how to autostart a script, as I needed a bandaid fix to adjust the brightness on my laptop, however, the one issue I couldn’t figure out, was how to get Bluetooth working.

I followed several guides, and found that the device is listed under lsusb, as BCM2046, however, it is not listed when running rfkill list, and running systemctl enable bluetooth.service -> systemctl start bluetooth service -> systemctl status bluetooth.service still says that it is disabled. I’m nearly at the end of my wits, as I have looked into this a lot, and still have had a lot of trouble with it. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Additionally, how does markup work for formatting code here?

• Have you followed the wiki, or something else?
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth

I only have 3 dongles that shows up as “Cambridge Silicon Radio” something something and they all work out of the box, so I don’t know much about Broadcom.
    Lots of posts about hid2hci etc. too but not sure I understand how that works, and don’t know if any of them matches the system you have?

• I did enable it a few days ago, didn’t have any problems. Could it be that the service is called bluetoothd instead of bluetooth? (I’m at work so I can’t check it now)

sudo pacman -S bluez bluez-utils
    systemctl enable bluetoothd
    systemctl start bluetoothd

install82 bluetooth43 Posts 3Views 1513
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.