• How to install preserving a previus /home partition

Hi!! I have Ubuntu installed with the partition /home in the /sda3. If when I install Antergos I select my existing /home partition to be the /home of Antergos will erase my data? Is thereany way I can use the same /home for both distributions?

• I have my /home saved in a separate partition. I have reinstalled Antergos while saving the /home partition. When you get to the step about disk partitioning during the install make sure to choose manual partitioning. You will need to choose a root partition with a mount point of / that will need formatting. You will most likely have a swap file already. You can take your current home and make that the new home.

• Thanks. I have install it without any problems : )

• Yes! if you choose manual partition you can use your “old” /home without formatting it … But i think it is not a good idea to use the same /home/“user” caus config files would not be seperatet then with different Distros…

Also if you create a user while installation it wound let you choose the same users home Folder… i think it will create a new user with its own Folder.

partition34 preserving2 previus1 Posts 4Views 1187
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.