• \[SOLVED\] Volume Control issue

Hi. I installed antergos yesterday, and everything is working fine, except I can’t seem to turn the volume up or down. I have to do it manually instead of pressing function key and arrow up or down. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to install sound drivers?

• Hi. I installed antergos yesterday, and everything is working fine, except I can’t seem to turn the volume up or down. I have to do it manually instead of pressing function key and arrow up or down. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to install sound drivers?

• Using any volume function keys will depend on the make/model of the laptop (or of the keyboard if its a desktop). Let me know what you are using and I will look into it.

Cheers!

• I’m running Antergos on an Acer Aspire, 1 TB hard drive, dual-booting with Windows 8.1 On other linux distros, the volume function works fine.

This is off topic, but I was watching youtube, and went to pause it, and I can’t click on the video to pause it anymore. It was working yesterday, but it stopped today.

• Another off topic problem. I’m having difficulty adjusting the brightness. The brightness stays the same whether I turn it down all the way or up all the way. Is there a way to fix this as well?

• Hi,

What’s the model number of your Acer system? You could try this:

yaourt -S acerhk

then do this

sudo modprobe -a acerhk

Now check if the keys work. Let me know.

Cheers!

• It’s an Acer Aspire E1-571-6442

• I typed in yaourt -S acerhk, and it asked me to edit it, but I’m still somewhat new to Antergos/Arch-based linux. Would you mind walking me through the editing process? I feel like a newb for asking, but I’d rather not risk messing my system up lol.

• I fixed the volume control issue! Now all I need is to fix the brightness function and I’ll be good to go!

Posts 10Views 2316
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.