• \[SOLVED\] Volume Control issue

Hi. I installed antergos yesterday, and everything is working fine, except I can’t seem to turn the volume up or down. I have to do it manually instead of pressing function key and arrow up or down. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to install sound drivers?

• Hi. I installed antergos yesterday, and everything is working fine, except I can’t seem to turn the volume up or down. I have to do it manually instead of pressing function key and arrow up or down. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to install sound drivers?

• Using any volume function keys will depend on the make/model of the laptop (or of the keyboard if its a desktop). Let me know what you are using and I will look into it.

Cheers!

• I’m running Antergos on an Acer Aspire, 1 TB hard drive, dual-booting with Windows 8.1 On other linux distros, the volume function works fine.

This is off topic, but I was watching youtube, and went to pause it, and I can’t click on the video to pause it anymore. It was working yesterday, but it stopped today.

• Another off topic problem. I’m having difficulty adjusting the brightness. The brightness stays the same whether I turn it down all the way or up all the way. Is there a way to fix this as well?

• Hi,

What’s the model number of your Acer system? You could try this:

yaourt -S acerhk

then do this

sudo modprobe -a acerhk

Now check if the keys work. Let me know.

Cheers!

• It’s an Acer Aspire E1-571-6442

• I typed in yaourt -S acerhk, and it asked me to edit it, but I’m still somewhat new to Antergos/Arch-based linux. Would you mind walking me through the editing process? I feel like a newb for asking, but I’d rather not risk messing my system up lol.

• I fixed the volume control issue! Now all I need is to fix the brightness function and I’ll be good to go!

Posts 10Views 1423