• How to install Inkscape 0.91?

Since now Inkscape’s default version is 0.92 which brings significant differences over the last version that I don’t like so I’d like to downgrade it. Is there a simpler way other than compiling from source, because I ran into some issues doing that.

• @TheKardinals Sure thing.
    Just install “downgrader” and use it to downgrader to an older version.

yaourt -S downgrader

And then just run:

downgrader inkscape

• That sounds good enough, but I already started compiling it, found out what packages to install. This is taking a long time so if it fails I will try this.

Thanks still, this will be useful in the future.

EDIT: yep did it that way, way easier and faster. Compiling was taking too long.

• @got-it-man Actually this doesn’t work (the downgrader).

I installed newest one, used downgrader inkscape and selected 0.91.7 and when I try to run it says: inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libMagick++-6.Q16HDRI.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I googled and found somewhere I should recompile it locally but I don’t know how to do that.

• Maybe you’re getting problems from your failed compiling process. I can’t help you with compiling, however trying to google the package name (of the missing package) and install it manually often helps.

• It seems like it isnt missing, just cant be loaded. I will try compiliing it again.

EDIT: re-compiled inkscape from source to have it not work again. This remains unsolved, i’m just gonna have to get used to this Inkscape, it’s not as bad as I thought.

• @TheKardinals Maybe try uninstalling all dependencies of Inkscape.

• Will see when I get some time. Thanks again.

0.911 inkscape1 Posts 8Views 1685
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.