• How to subscribe to subforums' RSS feeds?

Hello,

How does one subscribe to a sub-forum RSS feed (for example announcements)?

• @workyes I’ve found and use for a long time 2 Antergos RSS feeds:

• Thank you @just. I suppose posts made on the announcements sub-section go directly to the homepage?

Also, is it possible to subscribe to subforums? For example: https://forum.antergos.com/category/23/pacman-amp-package-upgrade-issues

• @workyes said in How to subscribe to subforums' RSS feeds?:

Thank you @just. I suppose posts made on the announcements sub-section go directly to the homepage?

Every announcement that you can see on Antergos Home page ( three recent are ISO Refresh: antergos 17.1, Attention Cinnamon Users, Package Advisory: webkit2gtk-2.14.3-1) appears also on Antergos Home (Announcements) feed.

Also, is it possible to subscribe to subforums? For example: https://forum.antergos.com/category/23/pacman-amp-package-upgrade-issues

No, it’s not possible. In feed reader you subscribe to a feed’s URL, not to any site or page URL.

A feed does not necessarily exist for any Internet resource. If site’s owner creates a feed, you may find and use it. If site’s owner doesn’t create a feed, you can’t use that resource in feed reader - a feed doesn’t exist.

That’s why I said “I found two feeds…”. I didn’t find other, so use two available.

• @workyes Yes, you can actually. If you look in the breadcrumbs bar at the op of each category and topic you will see a small RSS icon. Click it to get the feed for that category or topic.

• @lots-0-logs thank you! I had not see that icon because some list on ublock is blocking it, for some reason.

• @lots.0.logs I can’t see | find them too. Could you paste a small screenshot, showing where they are supposed to appear? Thanks.

• @just said in How to subscribe to subforums' RSS feeds?:

@lots.0.logs I can’t see | find them too. Could you paste a small screenshot, showing where they are supposed to appear? Thanks.

couldn’t avoid a smile seeing your pipe hehehe.
    Sorry for the offtopic!

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @lots.0.logs Thank you.

I confirm that it’s uBlock Origin Firefox and Chromium extension to hide and deactivate the RSS icon here.

Temporarily disabling the extension makes the icon immediately to appear.

rss1 Posts 10Views 869