• \[SOLVED\] Installation Troubles

Hi! I’m new to the whole Arch experience. I’ve used Ubuntu, and Elementary in the past. So I’m not a total newbie. I’ve been distro shopping lately, looking for something different from Ubuntu/Elementary, and I’ve come across a couple of different distros so far. One of them was Antergos. I downloaded it, tried it out, liked what I saw. I went to install it, and it got to 100% before giving me a Traceback error.

I am running Windows 8.1, on an Acer Aspire laptop. I ran Antergos from a live usb flash drive. Is there any way to troubleshoot the Traceback error?

• Hi! I’m new to the whole Arch experience. I’ve used Ubuntu, and Elementary in the past. So I’m not a total newbie. I’ve been distro shopping lately, looking for something different from Ubuntu/Elementary, and I’ve come across a couple of different distros so far. One of them was Antergos. I downloaded it, tried it out, liked what I saw. I went to install it, and it got to 100% before giving me a Traceback error.

I am running Windows 8.1, on an Acer Aspire laptop. I ran Antergos from a live usb flash drive. Is there any way to troubleshoot the Traceback error?

• are you using the testing build?

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• No, I was using the stable build. I’m downloading the testing build now, though.

• Probably not the right section to ask this question, but once I install Antergos, is there a way to change desktop environments? I chose Xfce, but I’m kinda finnicky and like to change environments once in a while.

• @“NerdBoy1990”:5nqyy8n2 said:

Probably not the right section to ask this question, but once I install Antergos, is there a way to change desktop environments? I chose Xfce, but I’m kinda finnicky and like to change environments once in a while.[/quote:5nqyy8n2]

They are in the official repositories, take a look to the wiki.

• @“NerdBoy1990”:j6uw8guv said:

Probably not the right section to ask this question, but once I install Antergos, is there a way to change desktop environments? I chose Xfce, but I’m kinda finnicky and like to change environments once in a while.[/quote:j6uw8guv]

pacman -S mate works for me

• Awesome, thank you all for the help.

• if your issue is solved, please mark/edit the subject as solved.

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 9Views 767