• Boot screen won't show.

Hi,
    I have a small problem that when I boot up my computer the boot screen wont show and it’s just a wall of text.
    How would I fix this?
    Thanks, Ben

Errors I found in logs:

Failed to start Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video0.
    Failed to get backlight or LED device 'backlight:acpi_video0': No such device

• @benisawesome192

I think nobody has answered because we need more information ;)

Oh, I doubt that the backlight error is related at all.

Was it working before or is a new installation?

Have you checked your journal? journalctl -x

Check also your Xorg log: /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Cheers!

• @karasu Yeah, I’m not sure where I was going with the backlight thing XD, I exported a bunch of logs and copied the things you suggested, hopefully it helps!
    Thanks, Ben
    P.s, don’t mind the PC name, I’m special.
    EDIT:
    Just realised that I didn’t put the link (faceplam) It’s https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7t6isTmShbfaG4weldzcm9SWkE

• Hi,

After the “wall” of text then you get the graphic login, right?

Then everything is ok (the logs are fine).

Check that you’re using quiet parameter when booting.
    In /etc/default/grub there should be this:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"

• @karasu there’s no boot logo, it pops up with some status and goes to the greeter, I’m adding /etc/default/grub to previously mentioned folder in case you can spot any problems, it is set to quiet BTW
    Thanks Ben
    P.s it’s about 9 o’clock here so I won’t be able to get back to you until morning

• there’s no boot logo, it pops up with some status and goes to the greeter,

That’s normal. Nowadays computers boot so fast that there is no need for a logo (it’s on the livecd because it takes longer to boot).

If you still want a logo, you have to setup plymouth: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/plymouth

To be honest, I did setup it some time ago and it’s not worth it (I have an SSD, so it showed up for one second).

Cheers!

boot149 show13 Posts 6Views 602