• Google Drive Is Missing In Gnome Files.

Hi,
    I have 2 Google accounts signed into gnome yet my drive isn’t showing up in Files.
    Where would this be?
    Thanks, Ben

• That’s because there still is no official Google Drive desktop client for linux. But there are unofficial ones which you can install from the AUR: “grive” (and “grive-tools”) and “Insync”. I use grive and it took me 2 minutes to install. After that, you will find a nicely synced Google Drive folder in your home folder.

• @chrisflr on other distro you can see google drive files on nautilus , something missing from online accounts ?

• @chrisflr said in Google Drive Is Missing In Gnome Files.:

That’s because there still is no official Google Drive desktop client for linux. But there are unofficial ones which you can install from the AUR: “grive” (and “grive-tools”) and “Insync”. I use grive and it took me 2 minutes to install. After that, you will find a nicely synced Google Drive folder in your home folder.

In Ubuntu Gnome, Files and my Google drive work together when I added them in online accounts, I don’t really want to install a third party application to put a drive folder in my home drive, that’s not the integration I’m looking for.
    If there is a plugin for Files that could tie in with the rest of Gnome that would be awesome.
    Thanks, Ben

UPDATE 🙂
    I got it to work now, I just installed gvfs-google.
    Thanks anyway, Ben

• Thanks! Hoping this is included by default in the future.

• @nsennett This post is from 7 months ago, gvfs-google is included nowadays by default.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bpoerwo
    Okay, thanks. Wasn’t on my machine which is current but I originally installed about a year ago.

gnome268 missing33 google16 files1 Posts 8Views 1568
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.