• Google Drive Is Missing In Gnome Files.

Hi,
    I have 2 Google accounts signed into gnome yet my drive isn’t showing up in Files.
    Where would this be?
    Thanks, Ben

• That’s because there still is no official Google Drive desktop client for linux. But there are unofficial ones which you can install from the AUR: “grive” (and “grive-tools”) and “Insync”. I use grive and it took me 2 minutes to install. After that, you will find a nicely synced Google Drive folder in your home folder.

• @chrisflr on other distro you can see google drive files on nautilus , something missing from online accounts ?

• @chrisflr said in Google Drive Is Missing In Gnome Files.:

That’s because there still is no official Google Drive desktop client for linux. But there are unofficial ones which you can install from the AUR: “grive” (and “grive-tools”) and “Insync”. I use grive and it took me 2 minutes to install. After that, you will find a nicely synced Google Drive folder in your home folder.

In Ubuntu Gnome, Files and my Google drive work together when I added them in online accounts, I don’t really want to install a third party application to put a drive folder in my home drive, that’s not the integration I’m looking for.
    If there is a plugin for Files that could tie in with the rest of Gnome that would be awesome.
    Thanks, Ben

UPDATE :)
    I got it to work now, I just installed gvfs-google.
    Thanks anyway, Ben

missing20 gnome189 google12 files1 Posts 5Views 588