• Mate GTK3 kinda buggy?

Hey guys

Due to a permanent black background after an update of Mate that i couldnt resolve at all, I uninstalled Mate GTK2 and installed the Mate GTK3 desktop using this guide https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/how-to-reset-an-existing-mate-set-up/ and the helpful assistance of @fernandomaroto. Yeah, the wallpaper came back, but i had no longer mate mint menu, mate tweak and other things due to this:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -S mate-mint-menu
    resolviendo dependencias…
    buscando conflictos entre paquetes…
    :: libmateweather y libmateweather-gtk3 están en conflicto. ¿Quitar libmateweather-gtk3? [s/N] 

Apart from that and “Fading icons” in the panel, all is working well 😂

What´s wrong? Mate GTK3 is a bit buggy?

Thanks!

Antergos Gnome - Lenovo G4070
    Antergos XFCE - Asus E-11
    Xubuntu 16.04.4 LTS - Dell D630
    Puppy Linux Precise 5.7.1 - Asus 701 EEEpc

• @Caiosama205 said in Mate GTK3 kinda buggy?:

…Mate GTK3 is a bit buggy?

Yes, it is. Worse yet, it’s simply an unfinished job. It’s not even a work-in-progress, because Mate packages - both Gtk2 and Gtk3 - are orphaned in Arch now. They don’t have a maintainer. Mate DE doesn’t receive any upgrade for months.

I’m happy with Mate Gtk2 + Compiz. But every day spend more and more time in Plasma.

• I abandoned MATE too after many many years with it when MATE 1.16 came in and switched to Plasma5. I haven’t ever regretted the change.
    J.

• They don’t have a maintainer

Yes, that’s sad and true. That’s the main reason lots0logs maintains them in our repository.

In Arch, all mate gt3 packages end with -gtk3 and are UNMAINTAINED.

In Antergos, all mate gtk3 packages do not have the suffix -gtk3 and are maintained.

In pacman.conf, Antergos repository must be before the arch ones.

Then, simply install mate and you’ll get our packages, that are gtk3.

• Yes, they are GTK3, that’s why I abandoned MATE.
    J.

• @Jeannie____

You can like it or despise it, but Gtk3 is the future. Sticking with Gtk2 makes no sense.

Or you can leave Gtk and go for Qt, of course 😉

• I gave up with Mate after 2 happy years of using it. Changed to XFCE and runs flawlessly 🙂 The GTK2 GTK3 thing in Mate is like chaos.

Antergos Gnome - Lenovo G4070
    Antergos XFCE - Asus E-11
    Xubuntu 16.04.4 LTS - Dell D630
    Puppy Linux Precise 5.7.1 - Asus 701 EEEpc

mate57 mate-mint-menu6 mate desktop4 mate gtk32 Posts 7Views 1449
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.