• Help to install a yaourt package

Hi! i’m trying to install the package from yaourt shantz-xwinwrap-bzr but it gives an error. Can someone help what can i do to install it?

PS: i want to install it and then install gwinwrap to display videos as wallpapers, so it’s not emergencial, but is a good learning for me…

Also, how can i download the yaourt package to my pc before installing it to check it’s files?

Thanks!

• Yaourt works in stages, and there is a time to review the PKGBUILD and install scripts before installing.
    Could you provide the error?
    If you would like to manually install it, here’s the AUR link:
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/shantz-xwinwrap-bzr/

• @Synth_Synapses
    hi, here is the error:

Error: [http://pastebin.com/zhUn6c3j](link url)

PKGBUILD: [http://pastebin.com/qeugMGAD](link url)

• @fernandomaroto said in Help to install a yaourt package:

Also, how can i download the yaourt package to my pc before installing it to check it’s files?

It’s impossible to download an AUR package, as they don’t exist. Yaourt builds a package on a local computer, following the instruction provided by AUR in PKGBUILD.

The easiest way to see the content of a package, locally built by yaourt, is to answer n to yaourt’s final question about the package installation:

==> Continue installing conky-lua-nv ? [Y/n]
    ==> [v]iew package contents [c]heck package with namcap
    ==> ---------------------------------------------------
    ==>

Answer n here.

Yaourt will tell you that the package is saved in the /tmp folder. The actual subfolder’s name in this folder is made of fixed yaourt-tmp- part, plus your username. Mine is just, so for me yaourt creates the folder

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-just

folder, and leaves there the package it has built.

For example, I (re)install conky-lua-nv package from AUR:

┌──[just]─[alexarm]:~$
    └─> yaourt -S conky-lua-nv

Yaourt starts downloading files and building the package. After that, it asks:

==> Continue installing conky-lua-nv ? [Y/n]
    ==> [v]iew package contents [c]heck package with namcap
    ==> ---------------------------------------------------
    ==>

Reply with n.

What’s in the /tmp/yaourt-tmp-just folder?

└─> ls -lha /tmp/yaourt-tmp-just
    total 2.1M
    drwxr-xr-x 3 just users   80 Jan 12 18:30 .
    drwxrwxrwt 9 root root   200 Jan 12 18:27 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 just users  200 Jan 12 18:27 aur-conky-lua-nv
    -rw-r--r-- 1 just users 2.1M Jan 12 18:30 conky-lua-nv-1.10.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    └─>

The conky-lua-nv-1.10.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is the file (package) I’m interested in. Copy (save) it in another place, as usually the /tmp folder is cleaned up on logout.

• @just ok, that’s interesting, in my case it failed in compiling, so there is just the PKGBUILD in tmp…

• @fernandomaroto said in Help to install a yaourt package:

@just ok, that’s interesting, in my case it failed in compiling, so there is just the PKGBUILD in tmp…

Which is correct. There’s nothing in /tmp for failed packages. I’m unfamiliar with the package you try to install, and don’t want to install bzr to test it. Can’t help you with it, sorry.

• @just ok, don’t worry, but does the pastebin give you some idea about what’s wrong?

• @fernandomaroto Use pamac to install packages from aur !
    Just go settings and activate aur ,its easy if you can install the file maybe it has problems or you miss some utilities look what messages you get.

• @christhegreek yes, i was using pamac to install, but then got that error messages… Since i’m newbie i really don’t know how am i supose to fix it :(

• hmm. Looking at the log, it seems weird. I tried installing the package, and encountered no problems installing it, so it’s not the install script. Is python installed correctly?

• @Synth_Synapses so it seems
    $ pacman -Qq python
    $ python

pacman -Qs python shows a lot of stuff
    I tried to install another package (neofetch) just in case and everything went fine…
    Weird…

• On AUR you can see: Last Updated: 2015-08-02 04
    Better ask there and the maintainer of the PKGBUILD may help you?

• yes, anyway, i’ll mark the thread as solved…

yaourt31 Posts 13Views 2322
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.