• Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro

I know this is an issue with a few threads on the forum already, but I’ve tried everything suggested and nothing works. I have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro and am trying to dual boot osx and antegros. I’ve run ubuntu/osx on it before with virtually no problems, the antegros live usb os work like a charm, but when I run the installer and reboot (regardless of what DE I chose) it alway boots to a black screen (no blinking cursor…nothing). I’ve tried replacing lightdm with gdm in gnome but same issue. When I install the base environment it works fine and I can install gnome or whatever from command line and reboot and it loads the login screen and DE just fine. Are there any other ideas for a fix for this beyond switching to gdm? lighdm worked fine in ubuntu so i don’t see why it wouldn’;t work with arch. Must be a glitch in the antegros installer? Maybe something to do with the graphics driver on EFI boot? Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

• @emaxulate What video card does it have?

• @emaxulate There are two wiki pages about this:
    antergos(dot)com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

(dot) = . because it is not possible to send an URL in this forum post?!

I will change the wiki that i have put up to the way the new Antergos iso works now, but most of it is the same.

• @bartatantergos said in Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro:

@emaxulate There are two wiki pages about this:
    antergos(dot)com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

(dot) = . because it is not possible to send an URL in this forum post?!

It is possible. Antergos Wiki article, that describes the installation on Macbook Pro, is found at:

https://antergos.com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

Regards

• @just How do you do that? :) I get always “Akismet has blocked …” when i try to put an URL in a post?

• @bartatantergos said in Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro:

@just How do you do that? :)

I don’t know :) , as I do nothing special. Simply:

• in Firefox/Chromium, start answering a post in the forum
    • open a site, whose link I want to paste, in a new tab (for example, a new tab with your article)
    • select the whole site’s URL in the Address field
    • hit Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard
    • turn back to Antergos forum’s tab, where I’m writing an answer
    • hit Ctrl+V to paste URL, previously copied into the clipboard
    • done

If you want to assign a link to some text, select that text, and click the Link button (the fifth one from the left) right above the answer form. Press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard’s content with the URL. The selected text will be used as link’s title. Like here: Antergos Wiki.

Nothing special, really :) .

• @just The same way i do that! :-)
    But i get always a red error

"Error
    Post content was flagged as spam by Akismet.com"

Sorry, for postjacking!

• @emaxulate Lightdm works on my 2009 and 2012 MacBookPro in dual boot. Same way of installing like in the Wiki page mentioned. And like @just asked: Which video card do you have in your MBP?

But i find Lightdm very slow and not so light, so i am thinking to switch to gdm or if possible someting else.

boots7 black44 antegros2 macbook19 Posts 8Views 752