• Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro

I know this is an issue with a few threads on the forum already, but I’ve tried everything suggested and nothing works. I have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro and am trying to dual boot osx and antegros. I’ve run ubuntu/osx on it before with virtually no problems, the antegros live usb os work like a charm, but when I run the installer and reboot (regardless of what DE I chose) it alway boots to a black screen (no blinking cursor…nothing). I’ve tried replacing lightdm with gdm in gnome but same issue. When I install the base environment it works fine and I can install gnome or whatever from command line and reboot and it loads the login screen and DE just fine. Are there any other ideas for a fix for this beyond switching to gdm? lighdm worked fine in ubuntu so i don’t see why it wouldn’;t work with arch. Must be a glitch in the antegros installer? Maybe something to do with the graphics driver on EFI boot? Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

• @emaxulate What video card does it have?

• @emaxulate There are two wiki pages about this:
    antergos(dot)com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

(dot) = . because it is not possible to send an URL in this forum post?!

I will change the wiki that i have put up to the way the new Antergos iso works now, but most of it is the same.

• @bartatantergos said in Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro:

@emaxulate There are two wiki pages about this:
    antergos(dot)com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

(dot) = . because it is not possible to send an URL in this forum post?!

It is possible. Antergos Wiki article, that describes the installation on Macbook Pro, is found at:

https://antergos.com/wiki/tag/macbookpro/

Regards

• @just How do you do that? :) I get always “Akismet has blocked …” when i try to put an URL in a post?

• @bartatantergos said in Antegros boots to black screen after install on Macbook Pro:

@just How do you do that? :) …

I don’t know :) , as I do nothing special. Simply:

• in Firefox/Chromium, start answering a post in the forum
    • open a site, whose link I want to paste, in a new tab (for example, a new tab with your article)
    • select the whole site’s URL in the Address field
    • hit Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard
    • turn back to Antergos forum’s tab, where I’m writing an answer
    • hit Ctrl+V to paste URL, previously copied into the clipboard
    • done

If you want to assign a link to some text, select that text, and click the Link button (the fifth one from the left) right above the answer form. Press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard’s content with the URL. The selected text will be used as link’s title. Like here: Antergos Wiki.

Nothing special, really :) .

• @just The same way i do that! :-)
    But i get always a red error

"Error
    Post content was flagged as spam by Akismet.com"

Sorry, for postjacking!

• @emaxulate Lightdm works on my 2009 and 2012 MacBookPro in dual boot. Same way of installing like in the Wiki page mentioned. And like @just asked: Which video card do you have in your MBP?

But i find Lightdm very slow and not so light, so i am thinking to switch to gdm or if possible someting else.

black71 macbook25 boots11 antegros2 Posts 8Views 1586
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.