• Dual Boot install with Windows: Boot loader & AMD drivers

Hello, my second topic here. This time, I’d like some help with choosing the partition that stores the boot loader during a Linux installation on dual boot in a machine with Windows. I’m able to correctly select root, home and swap - already did the partitions accordingly - but I am not sure what to choose as boot-efi, considering I may want to wipe the partition and that may cause problems with the boot afterwards. My system is legacy-bios running windows 10. I plan to use either antergos or elementaryOS (pointing towards elementaryOS because seems more noob friedly)

Also, I don’t want to start another topic just for that, but I’d like some instruction on AMD drivers with Linux. I read they are uncompatible or something of that sort and read a lot of people are having problems with lauching Steam or games.

Thank you in advance.

• @amorim , here s a detailed tutorial answering your 1st question:
    https://itsfoss.com/dual-boot-antergos-windows-uefi/

As to AMD drivers and their gaming capability, I m not the proper person to answer, sorry.
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch so the same steps as in UEFI are for Legacy-bios?

boot155 windows37 dual15 Posts 3Views 443