• Linux-ck and Antergos

I have been trying to run the latest linux-ck kernel and yet I keep running into issues with GRUB. After adding the repo (repo-ck), installing the kernel and updating GRUB I reboot to find that the linux-ck entry will not work. I built grub-customizer from the AUR and ran that. On my first attempt with grub-customizer it showed several linux-ck entries. After saving and rebooting I found that only one would work (the entry was named something along the lines of Arch Linux, pkg linux-ck). After rebooting and trying to update grub.cfg again, I’m met with an error that 10_linux is missing from /etc/grub.d. I would like to find a way to update GRUB without the extra entries, be able to customize it and still have the kernel run on my machine. I’m new to Arch based distros and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I have been trying to run the latest linux-ck kernel and yet I keep running into issues with GRUB. After adding the repo (repo-ck), installing the kernel and updating GRUB I reboot to find that the linux-ck entry will not work. I built grub-customizer from the AUR and ran that. On my first attempt with grub-customizer it showed several linux-ck entries. After saving and rebooting I found that only one would work (the entry was named something along the lines of Arch Linux, pkg linux-ck). After rebooting and trying to update grub.cfg again, I’m met with an error that 10_linux is missing from /etc/grub.d. I would like to find a way to update GRUB without the extra entries, be able to customize it and still have the kernel run on my machine. I’m new to Arch based distros and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• There is currently an upstream bug that causes two two entries per kernel plus an additional backup initramfs entry for each to be generated. We implemented a workaround to clean up the grub menu but it only works with Arch official kernels. If you want to remove our fix and have the default Arch setup for grub (albeit with the 3 entries per kernel bug) you just need to run this:

sudo chmod -x /etc/grub.d/10\_antergos && sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/10\_archlinux && sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/10\_archlinux

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 892