• Pacman - a package is corrupted

Hi, I’ve used LinuxMint for several years, recently I switched to Antergos. Love it, especially yaourt and AUR :-). But, today, when I tried to update the system I got this message:

[vlad@t420 ~]$ LC_ALL=C update
    :: Synchronizing package databases...
     antergos is up to date         0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------------]   0%
     core is up to date             0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------------]   0%
     extra is up to date            0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------------]   0%
     community is up to date        0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------------]   0%
     multilib is up to date         0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------------]   0%

==> Package upgrade only (new release):
    antergos/nemo-dropbox       3.2.0-2  2 -> 1

==> Software upgrade (new version) :
    extra/gtk-update-icon-cache 3.22.5-1 -> 3.22.6-1
    extra/gtk3                  3.22.5-1 -> 3.22.6-1
    extra/gtk3-print-backends   3.22.5-1 -> 3.22.6-1

==> Continue upgrade ? [Y/n]
    ==> [V]iew package detail   [M]anually select packages
    ==> --------------------------------------------------
    ==> y
    :: Starting full system upgrade...
    warning: nemo-dropbox: downgrading from version 3.2.0-2 to version 3.2.0-1
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (4) gtk-update-icon-cache-3.22.6-1  gtk3-3.22.6-1  gtk3-print-backends-3.22.6-1
                 nemo-dropbox-3.2.0-1

Total Installed Size:  69.56 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size:       0.01 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
    (4/4) checking keys in keyring                         [############################] 100%
    (4/4) checking package integrity                       [############################] 100%
    error: nemo-dropbox: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <admin@antergos.org>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nemo-dropbox-3.2.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 

If I chose not to delete it, then the system says

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

As I don’t wanna break my system, I’d rather ask you ArchLinux matadors, how shall I manage this issue?

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.

• hi try these solution:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5800/problem-with-update-jasper-lib-curl/5

Cheers!

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Fernando, thanks for your help, but the issue is still there. I’ve rebewed the keys and now the system says:

[vlad@t420 ~]$ LC_ALL=C sudo pacman -Syyu
    :: Synchronizing package databases...
     antergos                     138.7 KiB  1186K/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
     core                         122.7 KiB   858K/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
     extra                       1735.0 KiB  2.62M/s 00:01 [############################] 100%
     community                      3.8 MiB  2.80M/s 00:01 [############################] 100%
     multilib                     185.4 KiB  2.01M/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
    :: Starting full system upgrade...
    warning: nemo-dropbox: local (3.2.0-2) is newer than antergos (3.2.0-1)
     there is nothing to do

Should I remove the installed package?

• Everything is fine now, as you can see there is nothing to do message, meaning your system is up to date.
    The other information about nemo dropbox means that you’re using the arch linux version (newer) than antergos one, but it’s fine.

Cheers.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• OK, thanks a lot mate. Still, I uninstalled the aur/nemo-dropbox package and later tried to install the antergos version. And I got the same error message like before

error: nemo-dropbox: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <admin@antergos.org>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nemo-dropbox-3.2.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

I’ve gone through all the commands you suggested in the other topic, but I still get the message. I can open the file stored in /var/cache/pacman/pkg and extract it without any problems or error. I really don’t understand it.

• @vlad.kuzba said in Pacman - a package is corrupted:

…I can open the file stored in /var/cache/pacman/pkg and extract it without any problems or error. I really don’t understand it.

This is an answer to the final part of the post only.

In repos what is called a package is actually consists of two physical files:

• package-name.pkg.tar.xz <-- the package itself
    • package-name.pkg.tar.xz.sig <-- the package signature

Before downaloading from a repo, pacman checks a package with its signature. It is done to verify that the package is correct.

After that, only a package itself is downloaded on a local computer. A package’s signature is not downloaded. There are no package-name.pkg.tar.xz.sig files in /var/cache/pacman/pkg folder.

It is assumed that locally stored packages are already checked with their signatures. There’s no need to run a signature check for them a second time.

So it is not only possible to extract local packages with an archive manager (Engrampa in Mate), but also directly install them with pacman. Pacman doesn’t perform a signature check for locally stored packages.

As to the main question, try to change your mirrors. antergos/nemo-dropbox lives in the [antergos] repo, and its mirrors are listed in the /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist file. Simply try to change the repos order in it.

• All solved. Thank you for your kind advice.

• @vlad.kuzba Great! Thanks for marking the topic as [Solved].

corrupted6 pacman74 Posts 8Views 1255