• Hello

I’m new to Antergos. I’ve actually installed to finally start making games. I have knowledge of SFML. I actually like Antergos very much. I like how easy it was to install latest version of codeblocks and SFML 2.1 compared to Ubuntu. This is actually my first time using gnome 3 and so far I love it, I’ve used cinnamon, unity and elementary OS interface. Currently only problem that I have is that it takes a while for my OS to boot (it wasn’t like this before)

• I’m new to Antergos. I’ve actually installed to finally start making games. I have knowledge of SFML. I actually like Antergos very much. I like how easy it was to install latest version of codeblocks and SFML 2.1 compared to Ubuntu. This is actually my first time using gnome 3 and so far I love it, I’ve used cinnamon, unity and elementary OS interface. Currently only problem that I have is that it takes a while for my OS to boot (it wasn’t like this before)

• @“paupav”:36b2viq5 said:

Currently only problem that I have is that it takes a while for my OS to boot[/quote:36b2viq5] This is not something that we hear very often (Arch boots crazy fast lol) If you want to post your journal log we’d be more than happy to take look at what might be causing your slow boot. This command will output the journal to a file named journal in your home directory:

sudo journalctl -b \> ~journal

Cheers!

• Hi,

Try installing the xorg-xauth package. Let me know if there is improvement.

Thanks.

• My PC booted a bit faster but something is wrong with that package. I cant open notification center (that thing at the bottom), activities menu is weird and I can’t access shut down button. Options don’t fit on the screen (attachment) I really don’t mind that it takes for my PC 1 minute to boot (measured from when I click Antergos in grub menu). Thanks for your help.
    Cheers!

• @“paupav”:2g4wzaff said:

My PC booted a bit faster but something is wrong with that package. I cant open notification center (that thing at the bottom), activities menu is weird and I can’t access shut down button. Options don’t fit on the screen (attachment) I really don’t mind that it takes for my PC 1 minute to boot (measured from when I click Antergos in grub menu). Thanks for your help.
    Cheers![/quote:2g4wzaff]

This also happens to me too sometimes. I just restart gnome-shell and it fixes it.
    To restart shell press [i:2g4wzaff]Alt + F2[/i:2g4wzaff], type [i:2g4wzaff]r[/i:2g4wzaff] and press enter.

• That is not caused by the xorg-xauth package. What graphics stack are you using?

Posts 8Views 1664