I have tried to install many different linux distros. Almost all of them (ubuntu, xubuntu, debian) needed nomodeset boot parameter so that installation succeeded. Same thing happened when I booted from Antegros Live usb. Without nomodeset boot hangs to “Reached target Graphical Interface”. With nomodeset I can boot to desktop environment, but resolution of desktop is pretty bad compared to situation when windows 10/7 were installed to this computer. I already updated bios, but I wonder if problem is with graphic drivers. I don’t know which one should I install/uninstall or even if problem is with drivers.

Command:

lspci | grep VGA

outputs:

00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6320 ]
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Seymour [Radeon HD 6400M/7400M Series]

and computer itself is Asus X53BY.

edit:
I ended up installing antergos with mate. I don’t have to use nomodeset as boot parameter, but it takes like 20-30 min to boot to login screen and I get message “An error was detected in the current theme that could interfere with the system login process” and options: “Load Default Theme”, “Load Fallback Theme” and “Cancel”. If I choose Load Default Theme, I can login and desktop seems otherwise normal but I can’t set any wallpaper to it. Screen resolution is also good and everything else seems to work properly. I also tried change lightdm to gdm, but then boot process froze even earlier and did not proceed to login screen.