• Fresh Installation - Login/Theme Problem

Three options appears “Load Default Theme”; “Load Fallback Theme”; “Cancel” - none of these works. After clicking the cancel button several times it moves me to the little box in the middle where I can write anything, but nothing happens (that’s on Fallback Theme) or black screen with a cursor when I push the cancel button while “Default Theme” had been clicked before. The more important thing is that it’s a fresh installation of Antergos - I tried it several times, always with GNOME and it doesn’t work, yet I was using it without any problems whatsoever for several days, it happend just today. I don’t know what to do.

I saw some topic from a few days before, but I suppose the author was able to login at least. I cannot.

EDIT: If I’ll have to use alt+del+F(something) option I am gonna need to login first, right? But just for record - how am I suppose to know what my username login is when I never set one? Sorry for beeing such a lamer if it comes to Linux, but there are my first days.

• @StarLord , hi. I guess you re talking about this thread:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5730/error-with-theme-and-system-login-process/13
    It seems that the issue haw re-appeared. In my case though, whichever option I click gives me access to my password field and system.
    Till we get some news ( @lots-0-logs ?), I would suggest you install and enable gdm instead so you can access your system.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+F2 (or some other F key if F2 fails) to get to a tty screen
    Type your username and password when prompted and then:
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    sudo reboot

@StarLord said

EDIT: If I’ll have to use alt+del+F(something) option I am gonna need to login first, right? But just for record - how am I suppose to know what my username login is when I never set one?

I really don t know if you can continue with the installation without setting a username. Since you are able, even with difficulty, to reach the password field, your username is written just above the password field box
    Cheers

EDIT : Just turned that old machine and DIDNOT see this issue any longer. I ll keep monitoring it.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch As long as I am aware of what the password is, I was trying to login in, using all options I gave during the installation process (name, username, computer’s name, etc.) - it always says that I am typing something wrong. It’s weird. I am trying to reinstall whole antergos again, so I’ll let you know on what I am going to stop. I hope it’s not a problem that my username consists of three numbers actually - the installation manager didn’t protest.

• @StarLord , so, you DID set a username! -:) Ididn t understand how you were trying to log in Through a tty screen? If yes…
    Are you using the correct key combination? (Ctrl+Alt+f2)
    the rest is easy and if you choose not to give up on it I ll be glad to help you.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• Ctrl+Alt+F5 - moves me to that screen, where it asks me to:
    "<computer’s name> login: " - put a login and after that a password. After that it just says that “Login incorrect” - nothing else, everytime, no matter what I try.

Hell no, I am not going to give - from all of those Linuxes I’ve tried either after installation on my disc or as an USB Live Media, Antergos was the one which appealed to me the most. Or maybe Ctrl+Alt+F5 sends me somewhere else? Ctrl+Alt+F2 does nothing - I am not sure but maybe it’s because my laptop has a hotkey by default on F2 (lowers volume) - I am not sure how to turn it off, cause by simple BIOS it’s impossible I reckon. I have plenty of time and fresh usb with antergos so I can reinstall it as many as I like if I have to.

So the main problem is: “login incorrect” - don’t know what to do next.

• @StarLord said

"<computer’s name> login: "

Here s where you ll have to enter your username, that 3 digit number you mentioned. If you re not sure it is correct, go back to the log in screen and check it to see if it s right.
    Then, type in your password. If you remember these correctly, there is no way to not get verified and proceed with the commands I told you.
    *Remember to first press Ctrl+Alt at the same time and then one of the F keys.
    ** You can also turn it off from the tty screen typing poweroff, provided we solve the problem of entering the correct username and passworc
    *** By “not giving up” I meant your current install without having to reinstall.
    ****Sorry if I sound too obvious… -:)

• @anarch Umm, I don’t know what to say. I reinstalled (again) the whole system and it just boots normally. I’ll install all of the updates and apps and I’ll let you know how it goes. For now it works magically (I suppose during fresh installation some update was downloaded to put a dent on that problem).

• Glad to know. Remember the rolling nature of Antergos. There are updates/upgrades daily, so, never updated later than every week/ Personally I check for updates twice a day. One in the morning, one before bed.
    And because at some point you may need to enter a tty screen, keep your username and password handy…:+1:
    Cheers

• @anarch I always update when the new thing comes out. I also changed my username from three digits to the normal-letter username - I don’t think so that helped, but who knows? Everything seems fine - I finished installing all my things, so for now I’m marking this thread as resolved. Thank you for you help, if anything new(bad) comes out I’ll try to reach here.

• Same issue when log out. Fresh installed.

• Yes, so I ve noticed fot the last couple of days or so…

logintheme2 installation192 fresh20 Posts 11Views 1193