• Is still my distro rolling release? (Antergos)

Hi, I was using Antergos (distro based on Arch) when I find a bug that, when I was clicking to shutdown on cinnamon and on Xfce, instead my computer it was rebooted. So surfing on the web I discover that the bug was on the kernel, and for solve that, I needed to switch to the linux-lts kernel. So I did these steps:

1. “pacman -S linux-lts” (I installed the Linux LTS kernel)

2. “pacman -R linux” (I removed the standard kernel)

3. “grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg” (I updated the grub config)

4. And I reboot

And it worked!

So, my question is… At change the kernel that it was by defect, to the LTS, my distro is still rolling release, or just I will can update it for a few years?

[PD: English is not my first language, so please try to write clearly. Thanks]

• @gustiestepa Hi, your system will continue for searching for updates every day (6 hours to be exact), so yes, it’s a rolling release (updates for everything you have installed on your pc).

About changing kernell:
    Yes, both Kernell and LTS kernell updates from time to time (maybe once a month, not sure) but then again, is a rolling release.

Conclusion: Don’t worry about that, just be sure to update your system whenever it shows you to.

English is not my native language as well, i hope i explained clearly to you.

Welcome to Antergo’s world!
    Cheers!

• @gustiestepa said

surfing on the web I discover that the bug was on the kernel

Hi! Where did you get this information? Anyway, you didn t have to uninstall the current kernel. If there was some bug it would have been fixed with a new update. You could simply keep both kernels in your system and choose with which one you want to boot (I have both kernels).
    As to your question: Your system will always be a rolling release. The lts kernel doesn t change this. Its difference is that it doesn t get updated/upgraded as often as the standard kernel, so it is considered more stable since it is more conservative.
    Cheers

distro11 release8 rolling2 Posts 3Views 792
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.