• Is still my distro rolling release? (Antergos)

Hi, I was using Antergos (distro based on Arch) when I find a bug that, when I was clicking to shutdown on cinnamon and on Xfce, instead my computer it was rebooted. So surfing on the web I discover that the bug was on the kernel, and for solve that, I needed to switch to the linux-lts kernel. So I did these steps:

1. “pacman -S linux-lts” (I installed the Linux LTS kernel)

2. “pacman -R linux” (I removed the standard kernel)

3. “grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg” (I updated the grub config)

4. And I reboot

And it worked!

So, my question is… At change the kernel that it was by defect, to the LTS, my distro is still rolling release, or just I will can update it for a few years?

[PD: English is not my first language, so please try to write clearly. Thanks]

• @gustiestepa Hi, your system will continue for searching for updates every day (6 hours to be exact), so yes, it’s a rolling release (updates for everything you have installed on your pc).

About changing kernell:
    Yes, both Kernell and LTS kernell updates from time to time (maybe once a month, not sure) but then again, is a rolling release.

Conclusion: Don’t worry about that, just be sure to update your system whenever it shows you to.

English is not my native language as well, i hope i explained clearly to you.

Welcome to Antergo’s world!
    Cheers!

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @gustiestepa said

surfing on the web I discover that the bug was on the kernel

Hi! Where did you get this information? Anyway, you didn t have to uninstall the current kernel. If there was some bug it would have been fixed with a new update. You could simply keep both kernels in your system and choose with which one you want to boot (I have both kernels).
    As to your question: Your system will always be a rolling release. The lts kernel doesn t change this. Its difference is that it doesn t get updated/upgraded as often as the standard kernel, so it is considered more stable since it is more conservative.
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

distro5 release7 rolling1 Posts 3Views 327