• Gparted not working.

Hi,

I use Gparted a lot, but it’s not working on Antergos. It works on the live media, but not on my install. I get the password prompt, then some spinning cursor and then nothing. Looked at it some more. Turns out I am not able to run GNOME apps as root which Gparted does by default. If I run ‘sudo gedit’ I that doesn’t work either. The error I get in the terminal is: Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0. Could this be Wayland related, and can I fix it somehow?

• @cdysthe im on gnome wayland and works fine here. sudo gparted in terminal doesnt work?

• @cdysthe

Hi:

First open console and type:

xhost +local:

Try

sudo gparted

Open app directly works too.

• @megaman said in Gparted not working.:

@cdysthe im on gnome wayland and works fine here. sudo gparted in terminal doesnt work?

I have found out that this is the problems: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/57q75j/gtkwarning_cannot_open_display_0/
    Are you sure you have Wayland running and not X fallback? It says “Wayland” in Settings > Details > Graphics? Lately I have had problems with Wayland running and keep falling back to X. When on X do not have problems running gparted.

gparted5 Posts 4Views 1439
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.