• Like 0

newbie question about steam game

Hello, I thinking to switch from Ubuntu to Antergos and have one simple question - how steam games (like Dying Light) runs on this OS?

• Like 0

Probably the same as on any other distro.
    Pending amount of memory, RAM, if you run it from SSD or otherwise, etc.

It’s all dependent upon your system specs.
    So if system specs have historically run it fine without issues on one distro, then the system specs will remain unchanged from distro to distro.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Like 0

@Modisc said in newbie question about steam game:

Probably the same as on any other distro.
    Pending amount of memory, RAM, if you run it from SSD or otherwise, etc.

It’s all dependent upon your system specs.
    So if system specs have historically run it fine without issues on one distro, then the system specs will remain unchanged from distro to distro.

Thank you for you answer, I guess I will try this distro :)

• Like 0

@swipis hi, yes i guess you’ll have to try. If you find any problem using Steam you can try to Install Steam Native, wich fix some libraries problems that happens with some games.
    Cheers

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Like 0

@fernandomaroto said in newbie question about steam game:

@swipis hi, yes i guess you’ll have to try. If you find any problem using Steam you can try to Install Steam Native, wich fix some libraries problems that happens with some games.
    Cheers

Yes I will do :) thanks

• Like 0

@swipis
    Hi. How did it go?
    I know that you are aware that system hardware specs will always remain the same, but am curious to know if all went well for you.

You just have to ensure that you have enough RAM and the correct graphics drivers for your hardware to run the kind of graphics intensive games you’re interested in playing.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• Like 0

@Modisc Hello, I just making copies of my projects files and will install Antergos, just quick question how to find what graphic driver to use for geforce GTX760 :)

• Like 1

I’m not too sure that what your asking is “what graphics driver do I have” or " what driver to use" But if I interpret your question correctly, your asking me what to use for your Geforce.
    Have a look at the Arch Wiki.
    I’d really encourage you to have a look at the wiki.
    It really is an invaluable resource that I’d highly recommend you bookmark.
    Here is the Nvidia portion of the wiki
    Link

You will probably also need to go to the Nvidia driver’s download page as well.

• Like 0

@Modisc said in newbie question about steam game:

I’m not too sure that what your asking is “what graphics driver do I have” or " what driver to use" But if I interpret your question correctly, your asking me what to use for your Geforce.
    Have a look at the Arch Wiki.
    I’d really encourage you to have a look at the wiki.
    It really is an invaluable resource that I’d highly recommend you bookmark.
    Here is the Nvidia portion of the wiki
    Link

You will probably also need to go to the Nvidia driver’s download page as well.

@Modisc thank you for your reply but looks like I using nvidia drivers already and games running not bad at all! And yes I using Arch wiki for answers. Question -how to mark this thread as solved? :)

• Like 0

You have to use your “thread tools” selection to do so.
    I’ve already done it for you, so all is good.

• Like 0

@swipis Just necro bumping- just wanted to ask how you’re liking Antergos since getting the game up and running. The Arch wiki is your co-pilot for sure! I hope it’s all working brilliantly!

steam48 game7 newbie6 Posts 11Views 784