• Like 0

Youtube Playback in Midori Browser

I apologize if i’m in the wrong place here
    I’m attempting something of an experiment to see how well my system runs using only extremely light applications. For Internet browsing, that means Midori. For the most part, it works just fine, but while testing on youtube I’m getting a “Playback Issue” (no error code given). I thought it might have been a flash thing but then realized that youtube uses HTML5.
    Has anyone ever seen an issue like this?
    Thanks!

• Like 0

Can you run midori from a terminal? Does it show any errors there?

Oh, check that you have gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good and gst-libav installed ;)

• Like 0

@karasu all three sets of plugins are installed.
    Sorry for forgetting to run in terminal. Upon opening Midori, the following occurred:

[[email protected] ~]$ midori

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:2:31: The style property GtkButton:default-border is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:3:39: The style property GtkButton:default-outside-border is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:4:29: The style property GtkButton:inner-border is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:5:33: The style property GtkWidget:focus-line-width is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:6:30: The style property GtkWidget:focus-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(midori4:1595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk3.css:26:20: The :insensitive pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :disabled instead.

After navigating to Youtube and attempting video playback, this occurred:

libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
    libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

Also, in case this further informs the troubleshooting, Facebook video appears to work just fine

• Like 0

Just to do a little test, can you remove any libva packages you might have installed and try again?

extra/libva 1.7.3-1
        Video Acceleration (VA) API for Linux
    extra/libva-intel-driver 1.7.3-1
        VA-API implementation for Intel G45 and HD Graphics family
    extra/libva-mesa-driver 13.0.2-2
        VA-API implementation for gallium
    extra/libva-vdpau-driver 0.7.4-2
        VDPAU backend for VA API

It’s just to narrow what’s wrong.

• Like 0

@karasu I did so, and got the same result but this time without the Terminal spitting anything out at me

• Like 0

I’m out of ideas, sorry. I just tested it here and works without any problems.

• Like 0

@karasu well i guess i should boot up my other Antergos system with Midori and go line by line looking for differences in what’s installed

browser19 midori2 playback3 youtube4 Posts 7Views 301