• Thanks for Antergos

Seriously, thanks for Antergos. It was actually a *pleasure* to install Arch Linux. Never thought I’d say that honestly. I like how you’ve kept it a fairly vanilla Arch. This was one of the things that bothered me about the Manjaro project, it didn’t feel like Arch after installing it.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my thanks to everyone working on Antergos. Like I’ve said before I like how you’ve kept it very vanilla. I appreciate that and will continue to use Antergos as my main OS choice.

I do have a question, what are your plans for the future of Antergos? How many more modifications/additions do you intend to make?

• Seriously, thanks for Antergos. It was actually a *pleasure* to install Arch Linux. Never thought I’d say that honestly. I like how you’ve kept it a fairly vanilla Arch. This was one of the things that bothered me about the Manjaro project, it didn’t feel like Arch after installing it.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my thanks to everyone working on Antergos. Like I’ve said before I like how you’ve kept it very vanilla. I appreciate that and will continue to use Antergos as my main OS choice.

I do have a question, what are your plans for the future of Antergos? How many more modifications/additions do you intend to make?

• Well, right now we want to improve our graphical installer and include some other desktops to be choosed.

Besides that, we’re working on a new tool to expand our “freedom of choice” when installing your desktop (nothing ready to be spoken yet, as we’re beggining to talk), and we want to have an App Center, not like pacmanXG or any other advanced GUI, we want a nice app with only install, remove and update. For advanced stuff, pacman from terminal is enough.

• Naturally the graphical installer still needs improvement. Hopefully with this App Centre you’re talking about you can also install/manage packages from the AUR? I’d at least hope this would be a low priority goal anyway because that’s what really makes pacmanXG so nice in my opinion. It’s funny, I had an Arch based distro idea that I was planning on working on. What I was going to do was have a graphical installer much like yours and add options for commonly used applications (browser, email client, music player, video player, etc) and let the user choose at install time if they so desired.

Regardless of that, keep doing what you’re doing.

• @“faidoc”:33ej8du4 said:

… and we want to have an App Center, not like pacmanXG or any other advanced GUI, we want a nice app with only install, remove and update. For advanced stuff, pacman from terminal is enough.[/quote:33ej8du4]

Well why stop at just three functions? Adding functions like checking logs and saving the list of installed packages would be nice without turning it into an “advanced” GUI.

• @“Vidar”:m0kzyz9i said:

@“faidoc”:m0kzyz9i said:

… and we want to have an App Center, not like pacmanXG or any other advanced GUI, we want a nice app with only install, remove and update. For advanced stuff, pacman from terminal is enough.[/quote:m0kzyz9i]

Well why stop at just three functions? Adding functions like checking logs and saving the list of installed packages would be nice without turning it into an “advanced” GUI.[/quote:m0kzyz9i]

I’d assume they’d want to keep it as simple as possible as to not confuse the user with too many options. Yeah, these “advanced” features would be nice to have under an “advanced” menu or something of that sort. Similar as to how the new Cinnamon Control Panel has an “advanced” option. Either way, I’m excited to see what happens with Antergos. I just hope it doesn’t wander too far off from Arch.

• Naaaah that isn’t going to happen

If we do something, that something is going to be a minor difference with arch but just if we have to.

• I think, antergos is a fuction distro, thanks. With pleasure I install it by cli installer. Graphical installer did not offer me installation with independent partition for home. But it does not matter me. Thanks once more.

• @“petrherynk”:wpl6fsvh said:

I think, antergos is a fuction distro, thanks. With pleasure I install it by cli installer. Graphical installer did not offer me installation with independent partition for home. But it does not matter me. Thanks once more.[/quote:wpl6fsvh]

You can set a separate home partition using our advanced installation mode

• I’d like to join in thanking the dev team for Antergos. It looks like it is going to have a very bright future as a “value-added” distro based on Archlinux. Thanks for your explanations faidoc. I normally run Funtoo or Gentoo and have used Archlinux extensively. I have no problem installing any distro from the ground up but I am always looking for a good rolling-release system that I can install quickly and reliably on any computer. Thanks for now being that distro. You guys are doing a great service as toolmakers, building on the good work of others in the spirit of Unix. Keep it up!

• I’m coming from Mint 15 because I wanted to “graduate to Arch” as they say. But I kept messing something up during the install (still don’t know what). Low and behold I found Antergos with an Arch base, a pleasant GUI installer, my beloved Cinnamon desktop, and fresh with a new release! Took a bit of getting used to and plenty of scowering over the Arch-Wiki, but after a few days of use I can honestly say that I am in [b:1o8s2wdk]no way[/b:1o8s2wdk] disappointed.

I can pretty safely say that for still being a relative Linux newbie (just under a year) Antergos has been just as easy and pleasant to use as Mint; especially once the aforementioned app-center is made. I can’t really compare Antergos to Arch, but from what y’all are saying, I like that it stays close to the source to give a honest “Arch feel.” Having the latest software is also a great bonus. As for reliability, I have yet to find a major inconvenience and was able to install all the packages I ran on Mint fairly easily after a brief learning curve; which made for an smooth transition. Performance? I have yet to run benchmarks but I’m looking forward to it.

Great job guys!

AsusN53SV-XV1
    Thanks to Antergos for selling me on Arch. It's been real.

• I also want to show my appreciation and say thank you for this awesome distro.

Keep up the great work.

Never was anything great achieved without danger. - Niccolo Machiavelli

• been using antergos for one day, lovely work guys, keep it up <3

• Thanks! Welcome to Antergos to both of you

Cheers!

• Glad to have you both aboard. Welcome

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• I just wanted to say thanks and a big shout-out to the team! I like it so much, I made a donation! Keep up the good work!

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Thanks! We appreciate your support

Posts 17Views 4302