• last update killed Couchpotato on m my server

Hi there,

I use Antergos as my media server and had Couchpotato running nicely until I updated the laetest update with kernel 😞

Any idea?

P.S. I tried reinstalling but didn’t work, mostlikely will roll back the kernel install.

• Update: I just used my backup USB-Stick and clonezilla it back. Now Couchpotato is working fine again.

I will wait for the next Kernel update and will give it another try.

I will update my findings here.

• @dirkme , would t you rather be using the lts kernel for your server?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said in last update killed Couchpotato on m my server:

@dirkme , would t you rather be using the lts kernel for your server?

I do have LTS installed in case of total failure, but how would I change to only LTS Kernel?

• You can make it boot your lts kernel by default. Check your grub setup.

• @karasu said in last update killed Couchpotato on m my server:

You can make it boot your lts kernel by default. Check your grub setup.

I did that, but I can not uninstall linux and linux-headers, pacman complaind about dependencies 😞

• @dirkme

You don’t need to uninstall linux and linux-headers. Just install linux-lts and linux-headers-lts (if you still haven’t).

You can have as many kernels installed as you want 😉

• @karasu I got it booting into LTS but why would I keep runing the latest kernel, this is a media server setup.

• @dirkme

Not sure I get what you’re saying. You can have both kernels installed (latest and Long Time Service), just boot with the one that works for you.

• @karasu I try to say, that I don’t want to keep the latest kerenel on my media server setup. Only the LTS Kernel,

• You can’t delete the latest kernel (afaik). But this should not bother you. Just do not boot with it 😉

• @karasu OK, just thought there would have been a way to do that. I could add them to the ignore list.

couchpotato2 killed2 Posts 12Views 914
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.