• Like 0

last update killed Couchpotato on m my server

Hi there,

I use Antergos as my media server and had Couchpotato running nicely until I updated the laetest update with kernel :-(

Any idea?

P.S. I tried reinstalling but didn’t work, mostlikely will roll back the kernel install.

• Like 0

Update: I just used my backup USB-Stick and clonezilla it back. Now Couchpotato is working fine again.

I will wait for the next Kernel update and will give it another try.

I will update my findings here.

• Like 0

@dirkme , would t you rather be using the lts kernel for your server?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Like 0

@anarch said in last update killed Couchpotato on m my server:

@dirkme , would t you rather be using the lts kernel for your server?

I do have LTS installed in case of total failure, but how would I change to only LTS Kernel?

• Like 0

You can make it boot your lts kernel by default. Check your grub setup.

• Like 0

@karasu said in last update killed Couchpotato on m my server:

You can make it boot your lts kernel by default. Check your grub setup.

I did that, but I can not uninstall linux and linux-headers, pacman complaind about dependencies :-(

• Like 0

@dirkme

You don’t need to uninstall linux and linux-headers. Just install linux-lts and linux-headers-lts (if you still haven’t).

You can have as many kernels installed as you want ;)

• Like 0

@karasu I got it booting into LTS but why would I keep runing the latest kernel, this is a media server setup.

• Like 0

@dirkme

Not sure I get what you’re saying. You can have both kernels installed (latest and Long Time Service), just boot with the one that works for you.

• Like 0

@karasu I try to say, that I don’t want to keep the latest kerenel on my media server setup. Only the LTS Kernel,

• Like 0

You can’t delete the latest kernel (afaik). But this should not bother you. Just do not boot with it ;)

• Like 0

@karasu OK, just thought there would have been a way to do that. I could add them to the ignore list.

couchpotato2 killed2 Posts 12Views 309