• Firefox is not installing correctly!

Hey guys, I installed Antergos today and I had no issue whatsoever. I totally love the distro! But I ran into a strange problem today: I tried to install the Firefox browser with

sudo pacman -S firefox

, and everything worekd fine with no error messages. My problem now is, that no Firefox icon was created in my gnome menu. First I thought something during the installation went wrong and i reinstalled the packages, but the problem still occurs. When I start Firefox via Terminal i get the following messages, but the browser starts and works fine:

(process:1266): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  

I hope someone ran into the same issue and could post a solution! Sorry for any wrong speeling, I’m from germany.
    Tanks to everybody that tries to help!

• Hey guys, I installed Antergos today and I had no issue whatsoever. I totally love the distro! But I ran into a strange problem today: I tried to install the Firefox browser with

sudo pacman -S firefox

, and everything worekd fine with no error messages. My problem now is, that no Firefox icon was created in my gnome menu. First I thought something during the installation went wrong and i reinstalled the packages, but the problem still occurs. When I start Firefox via Terminal i get the following messages, but the browser starts and works fine:

(process:1266): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised  

(firefox:1266): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  

I hope someone ran into the same issue and could post a solution! Sorry for any wrong speeling, I’m from germany.
    Tanks to everybody that tries to help!

• I’m honestly lost as to why Firefox from the official repos doesn’t create a .desktop, I don’t think it creates one for anyone.
    You can create one yourself and drop it in ~/.local/share/applications
    Or you can install [firefox from AUR[/url:2e8cnf6n] which automatically creates a .desktop

To update AUR packages just run

yaourt -Syua

: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-beta-bin/:2e8cnf6n

• Hi,

Most of the Arch devs feel that upstream should provide a desktop file in the package. They say that patching a package just to add a desktop file is not “KISS”-like. There are some who disagree and this is still being debated on the mailing list and forums. For now, Arch’s official policy is that it as at the package maintainer’s discretion whether or not to add a desktop file if upstream doesn’t include one. I’m guess it’s clear which side of the debate the firefox mainter is on lol

Cheers!

• After I installed firefox(using pacmanXG) there was no item in the menu. Went to usr/applications and there was a firefox icon there. Double clicked it and firefox started. Shut down firefox- no icon in gnome menu- log out and then back in- firefox icon is in menu now!

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• GNOME is really bad about updating it app menu. You can force it after you’ve installed something with this command:

xdg-desktop-menu forceupdate --mode system

Cheers!

Posts 6Views 888